The Homecoming Queen's Got a Gun

I was reading a particularly nasty article; about this song, from the mid 80’s, by Julie Brown.(that isn’t too clear the article is new the song is from the mid 80’s) I always thought the song was hysterical.

But anyway I looked up a few more articles on the search and they all were very negative and critical. One even blamed songs like that for the Colorado shooting.

I mean the song is like 15 years old and clearly done for comedic(Sp) effect only.

Are we so politically correct that we can no longer laugh at a song like that? Or is it truly just bad taste?

Yes. No. NEXT!

I think it’s funny.

So, “The Homecoming Queen’s Got a Gun” drove Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold to shoot their classmates? I’m sure that the members of Rammstein will be relieved to hear that…

These are probably the same people who would blame Tom Leher’s “Poisoning Pigeons In The Park” for all the animal abuse these days. Anything to neatly put the blame on somebody else.

With the same twisted logic, one could argue that the Bible full of murder, torture and mayhem is responsible for todays woes.

Stephen
Stephen’s Website
Satellite Hunting 1.1.0 visible satellite pass prediction
shareware available for download at
Satellite Hunting

‘The Homecoming Queen has got a gun’? ‘Poisoning Pigeons in the Park’? Hell, I’ve got full collections of this type of thing (yeah, thats right, Dr. Demento tapes). Heh, I suppose they think that everyone rushed to bring fish heads into movies theaters after the ‘Fish Heads’ song was released too. The Straight Dope cluemeter reading on these people is zero.

Oh, you think that’s the extent of the secular humanist conspiracy? Armed homecoming queens and cheerleader mothers who shoot rivals?

Well, hold onto your suspenders. Do you realize that all those school shooters took English as a required course? With Jonathon Swift, a cleric, who advocated eating children as a way of limiting population and solving hunger?!

True fact. Those tender young minds weren’t just exposed to music, they were forced to ingest (gasp!) literature! Well, those degenerates may talk about satire and parody and all, but…well, you add a primitve beat and body piercing and just look what happens.

Running out of sarcasm,
Veb

Still, when things start running sour, one wants to hear less of that sort of crap (whether pop or “haute-couture” lit(t)erature).

Ray (taking off his trenchcoat)

1980-It was funny. 1999-It’s in bad taste.

Blame, blame, blame. The only two people we can blame for Littleton committed suicide. What next, blame Hitler? He’s dead too! At least that feels good.

“When they see us coming,
The birdies all try ‘n’ hide
But they still go for peanuts
When coated with cyanide.”

Killer!

Hey, anything that brings Julie Brown back into the limelight is aces in my book. She’s a delight and should have had a much bigger career than she did. Have you seen her Madonna parody, “Dare to be Truthful?” Brilliant!

From page 1 of the politicians handbook:

Blaming a silly song, a scene in a movie, controversial art exhibits or the violence of a sporting event is much easier than tackling the real problems.

Yer pal,
Satan