The Hulk vs. Superman

What would happen if Superman threw Hulk into the Sun, and an incredibly angry Hulk tried to punch the Sun from the inside? Hulk is theoretically infinitely strong, but assume that Hulk is only extremely angry and thus astronomically strong.

Since Superman is incredibly fast (he raced the Flash back in the 70s, didn’t he?), I would think that the Hulk couldn’t lay a hand on him. Superman could pummel the Hulk at will, an unseen super-fast opponent, and Hulk could flail around until he eventually reverts back to Bill Bixby.

Y’know, on thinking about it, this might be one case where Superman would have a better chance in-character than out-of-character. Superman is, psychologically, a softie: He doesn’t really want to hurt anybody. Which is exactly what’s needed to give Hulk a chance to calm down. Fly around at super-speed and keep landing punches that Hulk can’t even see, and he’s going to stay angry. Try to talk him down, though, and it just might work.

I think you’re spot-on here, except that it also depends on how much the two opponents know about one another and which iteration of the characters we’re talking about.

Most versions of Superman, faced with the rampaging green Hulk, will go out of the way not to injure him needlessly if they know he just needs to calm down. Hell, I can’t see Supes engaging him directly at all. He’d move innocents out of the way – or, just as likely, pick up whatever chunk of Earth Hulk was standing on and whisk it someplace out of the way. The middle of the desert, most likely. Then he can simply float a couple hundred miles above and monitor the situation.

In fact, the version of Superman who does best in this scenario is the Superfriends version. :eek::wink:

I love all movies about Superman! btw The Hulk is not bad guy :wink:

One.
Two.
Three.

But if the hulk extends his hand also at super speed and catches Kent, Supeman’s atoms will be so frazzled from the decceleration he’ll shatter with a flick of Banner’s green thumb. Kent’s strength is not absolute. He’s been knocked unconscious a number of times.

Not that I think the links are definitive or anything, I just think this animator did a great job with it.

**Superman vs Hulk - The Fight **
[ul]
[li]Part 1[/li][li]Part 2[/li][li]Part 3[/li][/ul]

Should have included the Intro

Wonder Woman bests them both.

But, okay, Superman.

Agreed … if the OP was not suggesting a fight. But if the question relates to Hand-to-hand combat, Superman can win. The fight could happen on an alien planet, for that matter.

I don’t think Hulk has the same degree of super-speed that Superman demonstrates in many issues through the years. I honestly don’t remember Hulk ever moving faster than a fast jump.

He (The Hulk) is all fast-twitch muscle and some of his hand movements are supersonic at the least.

What I find funny is how quickly the pro Superman people (including myself) go to “He can punch the Hulk into the Sun!”

Now I’m wondering, has Superman ever actually punched anyone into the Sun? Maybe during All Star Superman since there is a scene that takes place on the Sun.

Superman can travel through time.

Superman is faster than supersonic. George Reeves was easily faster than a speeding bullet. Granted that was a .38 Special, but I suggest that Superman would run circles around Hulk and win the fight at least on points, if not a knockout.

As mentioned earlier, Superman’s speed (of light), ability to fly, and stand off heat vision, are nothing if he’s the one who has to come near the Hulk. He’s not going to save Lois or Lex by flying circles around the green man.

Who said anything about Lois or or Lex (???)? Maybe Hulk started a brawl with Superman. All Kal-El has to do to win is stay alive. Eventually, Hulk turns into a nerdy scientist. Immortal Superman has all the time in the world. He wins everything, all the time. He doesn’t have to kill Hulk to win. He only has to go the full twelve.

Hulk doesn’t just revert to Banner - especially in a fight. Where are you getting your info, the old TV show? Might as well evaluate Batman based on the old Adam West show.

superman was killed by doomsday
hulk has never been killed by anyone
hulk is indestructible
superman, apparently, is not

therefor, given enough time, hulk kills superman

Superman and Hulk HAVE fought. Repeatedly.

Hulk has never won.