The Humblebrag Thread

Two or three days ago, I got the Wordle in 2. The word was ALIEN.

A couple of days ago I discovered that I have my own IMDb page. Admittedly it’s because I was on a game show, and some brave soul decided to populate every contestant on every episode of Season 1, but I did enjoy seeing it. :slight_smile:

Was surprised to have finished a recent Sunday NYT crossword in twenty five minutes. Admittedly it was much easier than usual, giving anagrams of all the long answers.

I can’t wait for the day IRATE is the word of the day and I finally have a 1 in the 1 row! Of course, lots of people will as well :slight_smile: I keep thinking to start veering but I’d kick myself when that day came around and I didn’t lead with it. I’m committed now.

I got CHUTE in two the other day. First guess was CHEAT. My wife turned me on to WordleBot (there’s a link on the Wordle “Share” screen) which analyzes your game. It told me that after my first guess there was only one possible word left. So that is probably the closest I have ever come to getting it in one.

On the other hand, twice in the last two days it has taken me five guesses, and WordleBot says I had it narrowed down to three words after the second guess. So I’m not always so lucky!

I made a really nice, 6 foot tall, winged box kite in six hours, at the Fort Worden Kitemaker’s Conference in Port Townsend, Washington. The kite is a replica of a 1900 U.S. Weather Bureau box kite, made of ripstop nylon and carbon fiber rods.

How did that go ?

I played the third and final game in the Runesaga campaign on Sunday and won the campaign.

I did this despite playing the third game relatively poorly on Sunday. But I had done very well in the first two games in previous weeks and my lead was enough to give me an overall win.

This week did the Sunday NYT in twenty eight. Must have been another easy one.

It was a lot of fun for me. The documentarian said I did well, but I worry I might have said something that might get me doxxed or death-threatened once they show it on TV. (Apparently they are getting both sides of the story.)

Cool.

Time will tell !

Liberal bastards !

But in 1953, according to you, you were 630 years old. 70th decade is 700 years. Humble-brag indeed!

Sometimes it takes me more than an hour to do the Sunday NYT crossword. But I’ve beat thirty minutes more than a dozen times now, and today did last Sunday’s puzzle in twenty minutes. But the long clues were much easier than usual.

(And how much does this matter? Not much!)

I can now play the Dutch, Russian, South Korean, German national anthems on piano : )

(there are benefits to watching lots of international sports games)

Ah, but can you play the Epyx anthem from Summer Games? (Being of a certain age?)

True humblebrag:

I wasn’t impressed with the food on my multi day 144 mile guided raft trip down the Grand Canyon from Lee’s Ferry to Lake Mead, and the guides could have been better dressed, jeez. :roll_eyes:

I had this great conversation with my seatmate on the flight from Hong Kong to SFO about good wines in Napa vs Sonoma counties, when the flight attendant interrupted to give us our hot towels. She was a very interesting woman who had once lived in the Tuscan wine area preparing vines for fermenting, and it was fascinating to hear how the grapes squished her comely feet.

/humblebrag

While I was having lunch with Dean Koontz last year, someone walking behind us saw the picture of my Maine Coon kitten on my phone and stopped to coo over him.

There you go.

Ugh, I busted my pen writing out my last check to max out my 401k this year. In April.

That’s an interesting endeavor and often a highly rewarding one, especially when both sides of the dispute feel that there was some degree of misunderstanding in whatever it was that went wrong. In my experience, attempts to reconcile are usually successful when I was to blame but, more often than not, are unsuccessful when the other person was at fault. In the latter case, it seems that forgiveness just rekindles the resentment. I’d very much like to be wrong about that.