the moderators are far too triggerhappy

IMHO Wildfire is just an arrogant besserwisser…

[QUOTE=Wildfire**MM]
I see my self as an adequate contributor
[/QUOTE]

‘Know Thyself’ — Easier Said Than Done

[QUOTE=tomndebb]
You’ve got to remember: not all of us heard it in the original.
[/QUOTE]

Ouch.

[QUOTE=Colibri]
Nah, it’s the lou-sers.
[/QUOTE]

In spite of the insult, I must respectfully say, “Oooh, good one.”

:smiley:

[QUOTE=featherlou]
In spite of the insult, I must respectfully say, “Oooh, good one.”

[/QUOTE]

Glad you liked it. Of course, I meant nothing personal, but it was just too good to pass up. :slight_smile:

OK, in-gang, who’s are next target?

Can it be me?

^^ are=our

[QUOTE=Jayrot]
Can it be me?
[/QUOTE]

You’ll have to change your name to Jayrotlou.

[QUOTE=sturmhauke]
‘Know Thyself’ — Easier Said Than Done
[/QUOTE]

In a similar vein: Unskilled and unaware of it: How Difficulties in Recognizing One’s Own Incompetence Lead to Inflated Self-Assessments
One of my favorite articles!

Hey Qad: nudge nudge.

[QUOTE=Colibri]
You’ll have to change your name to Jayrotlou.
[/QUOTE]

Sorry - it’s a very exclusive club. Can’t just let any riffraff in, you know.

[QUOTE=Cervaise]
Hey Qad: nudge nudge.
[/QUOTE]

What can I say? Great minds and members of the exclusive insider cabal think alike!

IIRC, someone here at the SDMB pointed me towards that article well over a year ago. Was that you?

Apparently David Dunning was involved with both studies. Also, I think Cervaise’s link is the one I saw before on the SDMB as well.

[QUOTE=Qadgop the Mercotan]
What can I say? Great minds and members of the exclusive insider cabal think alike!

IIRC, someone here at the SDMB pointed me towards that article well over a year ago. Was that you?
[/QUOTE]
I believe that I sent you the link. However, I got it from someone else’s posting.

[QUOTE=Qadgop the Mercotan]
Was that you?
[/QUOTE]
Doubtful. It was the link o’ the moment a year or two ago. I don’t recall exactly when it appeared or who brought it to our attention; more like, one day, it suddenly started appearing in everybody’s posts, as if it had sprung fully formed from Cecil’s forehead, or thigh, or duodenum, or whatever.

The article won an Ig Nobel, which is probably where it started circulating. I know that’s where I first heard of it.

[QUOTE=Lynn Bodoni]
I believe that I sent you the link. However, I got it from someone else’s posting.
[/QUOTE]

“Another great mind/fellow member of the popular clique” episode!

So… does this contribute to my Pit thread count? I know WildfireMM** was spreading the love around in his OP, but it did seem like the thread I closed prompted this poor man’s manifesto of complaints. I don’t want to appear too eager, but I haven’t been a mod for as long as others; I have to catch up, you know.

[QUOTE=SkipMagic]
So… does this contribute to my Pit thread count? I know WildfireMM** was spreading the love around in his OP, but it did seem like the thread I closed prompted this poor man’s manifesto of complaints. I don’t want to appear too eager, but I haven’t been a mod for as long as others; I have to catch up, you know.
[/QUOTE]
If you have to ask, you can’t be accorded it. :wink:

[QUOTE=EddyTeddyFreddy]
If you have to ask, you can’t be accorded it. :wink:
[/QUOTE]

That seems fair.