The most frustrating instance of losing something!!

Doesn’t this get you mad? Losing car keys, a wallet, a checkbook–your ATM card?
I just recently found a cardholder with my Medicare card, bus pass, library cards etc.
What have you all lost that really brought you near (or over!!) the boiling point?

Of all the things I’ve lost, I miss my wallet the most.

My marbles.
– Sylence

“The problem with reality is the lack of background music.” – Anon

I left my ATM card on top of my car at a gas station, then drove away. That pissed me off. Then a few months later, I lost the second card, was issued a new one–and found the old one buried in an apparently secret compartment in my purse (and I’d emptied it three times!). That yanks my chain even more.

But, the most recent and biggest bummer was a gift pack for the theater. My secret pal at work gave me certificates at AMC worth 2 movies (anytime, any movie), 2 popcorns, and 2 drinks. The gift envelope it came in was promptly lost/misplaced in the chaos of end-of-the-school-year paperwork.

That still pisses me off. I’m hoping to magically find it in the beginning of the next semester, but I’m not holding my breath. I hate losing stuff. And it was a gift on top of that, dammit!

“Me fail English? That’s unpossible!”

“English? Who needs that? I’m never going to England.”

DON’T EVER DO THIS! I found a lost purse at the theater and was looking through it for an address or phone number to call. Well this woman had like 4 different wallets. I open one and it has about 20 credit cards. No luck there, I open another wallet. Inside is a list of the PIN numbers for all the credit cards. SERIOUSLY. Not disguised as a phone list or anything! It said “Citibank – 93873, Visa – 37154, AMEX – 5674…” etc. Plain as day! I can’t believe she’s been lucky enough to not be robbed blind.

I recently lost a roll of film that had pictures of my cat Domino, who died this June. :frowning:

I had two caps that fell off my teeth. I put them on my table. I didn’t get them put back in as I couldn’t take time off my 65 hr week job.

Two weeks ago, the company downsized I was the first to go. Now I can’t find the caps on my table, so it’ll cost me $500 per cap. And of course now that I am not working I have no dental insurance.

Moral teeth first, job second.

I lose parts of my memory all the time. I wonder if it’s the beer or the age.

I just hate that “tip of the tongue” sensation. I can obsessivly spend an entire day finding that word on the “tip of my tongue.”

When it’s gone, it’s gone…

One beer is less than two beers.

There were several that were so frustrating that I’ve managed to suppress the memory, but among those I can recall –

[list type=1]
[li]My Long Island Rail Road monthly ticket with more than 20 days left in the month.[/li]
[li]The scrap of paper that had the motel name & phone number where I was to meet up with my girlfriend on vacation after separate flights.[/li]
[li]The house key I’d just bicycled 40 miles to go fetch[/li][/list]

Designated Optional Signature at Bottom of Post

My desk eats pens, but I spend most of my time looking for that piece of paper I was holding a couple of minutes ago.

Some Buddhists believe that if you are one of those people who are always losing things that there is a simple explanation; in your last life you were a theif and so your Karma has produced this effect in your current incarnation.
Take it or leave it, just something I’ve heard said often.

I lost my passport when I was twenty. Getting a passport replaced in your own country is probably less frustrating than replacing it when you’re out of your country, but not by much. In fact, I never did get it replaced, because it wasn’t worth being put on hold and disconnected over and over. I had only needed it for a second form of ID. My mom alternated between laughing at me for being such a dipwad and lecturing me for being such a slob. More than a year later, when it had expired, she found the passport in HER safety deposit box. Hmmm.
P.S. I renewed it, and the current picture is actually flattering!

Remember, I’m pulling for you; we’re all in this together.
—Red Green

My virginity. Has anybody seen it? If you could give it back to me I’d really appreciate it!

I do a lot of different crafts & I always take one or two projecst on vacation. Once I was working on a needlepunch design & I was almost finished… and I lost in on a trip to Denver.

Byz - Gotcha covered. Granted, I don’t have a whole lot of experience in replacing virginity, but I have unscrewed a lightbulb.

I lost my favorite baseball glove. This was 8 years ago and it still hurts. You gotta understand, that glove was magic. Fit like… well, like a glove. Baseballs and softballs alike were magically drawn to it’s webbing. It was made by Nocona Leather Co. in Texas, which apparently only make boots now. I’ve never seen another one like it. Sob!

The overwhelming majority of people have more than the average (mean) number of legs. – E. Grebenik

I was using my copy of “Let’s Go Europe” as a stool in a German subway station. When the train came, I jumped up and left it behind. I was suddenly cut off from my one source of information for food and shelter that was cheap enough for me to afford.

on the morning of college graduation i became confused (i was chatting and not paying attention to the sequence of my actions) and washed my contacts down the drain in lieu of first inserting them and then rinsing the container. i have very blurry memories of graduation, as there was no way in freakin’ hell i was going out there in the clunk-o-rama specs that i had then.

but the worst was when i lost my glasses for HOURS, i had looked EVERYWHERE…they were in my hand. i guess it could have been worse, they could have been on my face.

My most excellent drive of the round, right down the middle of the fairway, slight draw, bright sunny day, no leaves on the ground to obscure the ball…so where the hell did it go?!?

Oh I hear that lost ball routine. I do that all the time. Hit good shot, quit watching because its right in the open, wait for the others to hit, and find the ball in the weeds, then finally get to mine and its no where to be seen. I could shoot an 80 and if I had that happen to me once, i’d be throwing my clubs, it totally ruins my round.

PS Damn you guys for beating me to the viginity joke. I was going to take the opposite spin and say I was frustrated trying to lose it, couldn’t get rid of the damn thing! :slight_smile:

I was out of town at a meeting and lost my car keys for 2 days. I then took the hotel room apart and found the keys inside a chair that had a sewn in cushion.