The New Diet Coke With Lemon

Apropos of nothing, I just wandered in to mention that I popped open a diet Pepsi Twist the other day and one of my cats started begging me for some. So I poured a few drops on the floor and she lapped it right up. Never heard of a cat that liked the sodie pop.

I was also wondering how so many people know what furniture polish and dishwashing liquid taste like. I’ve made it through a number of decades on this planet and have managed to avoid imbibing either.

Apparently, Otto, you are smarter than I am, because it’s obvious that YOU know better than to spray the polish and then inhale (through the mouth) before it has time to settle–BLECCHHH!!!

Haven’t you ever gotten the taste of pledge in your mouth when dusting - just from inadvertently getting the spray in your mouth (particles in the air)? I know I have. Or been washing dishes and had an itch on your lip - thought you got all the soap off your hand - oops, you didn’t >>>spit, spit<<<.

So, having admitted that I actually HAVE tasted pledge and lemon-sented dishwashing detergent, I can honestly say that Diet Coke with Lemon does NOT taste like either of them.

It’s WORSE.

Why? Because it’s SUPPOSED to be ingested. If I wanted that much bitterness and aftertaste from my sode, I’d go get a damn Tab, thank you.

I was gonna start a thread because I love Diet Coke with Lemon. I’m glad I didn’t. :slight_smile:

Rose

lawoot

What is this “dusting” of which you speak? I’m afraid I’m not familiar with the concept.

Fonz

Diet cherry coke is still available, at least in Wisconsin.

Along the lines of diet soda, I’ve found Diet RC to be the best tasting. It is sweetened with Splenda, a sugar based sweetener that diabetics can safely use. No calories, good taste, and it is good warm or cold. Aspartame makes me gag, so this gives me a taste of cola without the wretched diet taste.