The New Diet Coke With Lemon

Oooh! Mr. Pol & I collect Coke stuff & they haven’t yet (for good or ill) brought the Lemon Coke to central Indiana.

I will gladly reimburse for cost & shipping of a can (or trade you a precious Diet Ruby Red Squirt)

PLEEEEZ?

All right, I’ve finally spotted it. Bought a 20-oz. bottle.

I’ve got to go with the majority on this one. Just awful. And I go through (regular) Diet Coke like water through a seive. Back to the drawing board, Coke folks. Hint: try to make the lemon a little less overpowering. You know, cut the amount you put in to .01% of its current level.

Well I can’t believe I’m in the minority here! I’ve been oooing and ahhing about this stuff all week! I like my Diet Coke with an Actual Lemon it in, so I was thrilled to find Coke had done it for me. Yes, it’s very strong, but that’s OK with me. I think I drink so much Diet Coke that ANY difference is welcome. But I have to admit, I indeed do like the taste. Send me all your leftovers! :wink:

:::Scampering back out::: (Catch that, Cranky)?

For those who’ve asked, this horrible product is about a million times worse than Tab or Pepsi Lite. I had it Sunday and I’m STILL reeling.

…those of you who didn’t like it. I’m sure it’s an acquired taste (I didn’t like beer the first time I tasted it either), but I actually had to drink a beer to get the taste of the Lemon Diet Coke off my palate.

Bring back the cherry diet Coke! Now that I can handle!

Quasi

I just bought a 20 oz. bottle today to try it.
I threw the other 19 oz. away.
It was absolutely TERRIBLE!

Typical vending machines last week: regular coke, caffeine-free coke, sprite, ginger ale, mountain dew, root bear, and for those of us who can’t afford to take in all that sugar: diet coke.
Typical vending machines last week: regular coke, caffeine-free coke, sprite, ginger ale, mountain dew, root bear, and for those of us who can’t afford to take in all that sugar: diet coke and diet coke with lemon.

Hey, I don’t care if it’s an improvement on the regular diet coke. For anyone condemned to drink diet sodas, the available choices just went up by 100% ! Yeah, I really prefer plain diet coke, but it’s nice to have a bit of variety.

Rats. That second paragraph should have read “typical vending machine this week”

I confess. I love Diet Coke with Lemon. I despise the plain Diet Coke, but this stuff makes it rather delicious.

Now, if only they’d bring back Diet Crystal Pepsi also…

Ugh, I tried the new Diet Coke this weekend, and didn’t like it. I usually get my diet coke with a lemon when I’m out, but the new version is just to lemony. Maybe I’ll try it again, and see if I can get used to it.

NO NO NO!!!

Not Pepsi Lite-Pepsi Free.
“Hey, if you want a Pepsi you gotta pay for it, pal.”

I’m going to love it. I loved diet cherry coke, until it became unavailable.

You can’t drink Diet Coke without feeling you’ve lost something, but if it’s a variant flavor anyway, you don’t get that feeling of giving up too much to keep to your diet.

I also like Diet Dr. Pepper for the same reason - it doesn’t remind me of Coke at all, and I never drink the non-diet kind, so I’m not reminded I’m on a diet.

You sure? I thought Pepsi Free was the caffeine-free kind.

jayjay

Praise the lord! I tried a can of this and thought Diet Coke with pledge. It’s too damn lemony

Hmmm…Diet Coke with Pledge is an interesting analogy, but personally I liken it to taking a bottle of Diet Coke and passing it through a Wet One. Lemon must be a tough taste to get right. My wife loves Luigi’s Italian Ices, but I can’t deal with the lemon flavored ones, much too much furniture polish for my taste.

I’ts okay, but since Diet Coke is the pefect drink, it’s obviously inferior.

BYW, lemon is a hard taste to get right because the essential oils in citrus fruits oxidize very rapidly.

Lime in DC is also very good (fresh lime).

I bought a six-pack of this stuff when I was home for the holiday weekend. My theory was that, since I liked Pepsi Twist, I might like this. Additionally, it was a six-pack of half-liter bottles. I love those. They don’t give TOO much drink, but they have the screw on tops that keep me from knocking the container over and having a sticky keyboard/bed/desk.

Unfortunately, the DCw/L is nothing like Pepsi Twist. It’s palatable, but, since I’m in college, my opinion might be a little skewed. I’ll drink all of it, but only because I’m low on cash. I pine for Diet Pepsi Twist.

That being said, DCw/L tastes an awful lot like Sprite to me. I don’t like Sprite. Diet Pepsi Twist tastes more like mixed cola/lemon-lime beverage. I used to make that combination all the time at fast food restaurants that allowed me to fill my own beverage cup.

Sprite and DCw/L are both, IMHO, things that I might inadvertantly mistake for Pledge, and therefore might attempt to clean with. I hope I get through these bottles soon. :frowning:

I’m up with ya Politzania], just e-mail where you want it sent, I collect coke stuff too.

I also bought a six pack of the stuff because I collect coke products, but I havn’t been brave enough yet to actually try it… (scared, I am)…
Tyklfe

With all the negative replies to this qusestion, I hesitate to say that I like the new Diet Coke with Lemon!! My wife turned me on to it and now we crave the stuff. But, I was also raised on Tab as a child and never new it was a “diet” drink. Thanks mom!

I tried a bottle this weekend, and I have to say that it’s probably the best dishwashing liquid I ever tasted. That is, I kind of liked it, but the lemon flavor they use is exactly the same that’s made its way into every dishwashing soap and cleanser in the past twenty years. I’m not sure that lemon-fresh diet Coke is the flavor they were shooting for.