The opposite of The Pit - the Doper appreciation and admiration thread.

Oooh, there are quite a few I love for that reason (and that their posting lives up to their cool usernames) Twickster and badbadrubberpiggy come to mind. :smiley:

I love too many Dopers to list, but I want to thank Athena and Ann Onimous for their support during our post-toddler-diabetes-diagnosis problems.

I love reading dangermom and Sarahfeena and WhyNot and Manda JO about all sorts of parenting/relationship/religion subjects. You’re all thoughtful and funny.

Oh, and gardentraveler, who is kind and loving and pays attention and remembers details and asks for more. She’s wonderful.

blinkie! I forgot blinkie. Good choice.

OK, apologies to Le Ministre, but since everybody else is ignoring the name a single doper per post rule, well, I’m a sheep, so I will too. :stuck_out_tongue:

Besides Skald who I mentioned earlier, I also like reading posts from MeanOldLady because of how funny she can be.
Like Skald, Sampiro is also great at making posts that most people find interesting.
Because of her experiences working in different countries, and because it’s interesting to get glimpses into Spanish life, I like reading posts from Nava.
And finally, for reasons I find hard to articulate, I like readings posts from WhyNot.

There are probably others, but those are the dopers standing out in my mind for the moment.

Another toast to WordMan - he has the unique ability to write about music in such a way that non-musicians get exactly what he means, musicians get it and say “Ah, right.” and everybody gets his enthusiasm and passion. In addition, he’s a great guy who always has an encouraging word for anyone.

I would have named a bunch of the people who’ve already been mentioned, so I’ll try to stick with people who haven’t been named yet.
**DiosaBellissima **brightens up every thread she posts in.
Zsophia and Freudian Slit both have such clever writing styles. I love reading their posts.
Thank you,
Dolores Reborn
, for giving us so many feuds to lose in.
Super Kapowzler - just because.

But it IS an honour - honest! :smiley:

I’m just going to say that I love and appreciate all of you, and then the ones I* don’t* like, please just go ahead and excuse yourselves. :smiley:

Echoing Idle Thoughts, the mafia crowd here are all awesome, and I’m sorry I left. Thanks for helping me learn how to be creative…and how to lie.

Qin Shi Huangdi: I sincerely hope your teenage years don’t suck.

Rand Rover: You are witty, charming, and clever. I just wish you were right more often. :wink:

Siam Sam seems like a good ole fellow. I’d like to have a beer with him sometime. China Guy, too.

I find something bizarrely interesting about Aclockworkmelon.

I just wanted to say how much I appreciate all of our Doper poets who have participated in the Poetry Sweatshops -

**AllWalker
Angel of the Lord
AppallingGael
Barking Dog
blondebear
Clockwork Jackal
CrazyChop
Crowbar of Irony +3
Cuckoorex
elbows
Elendil’s Heir
freckafree
Half Man Half Wit
HardlySanguine
In Winnipeg
jjimm
koeeoaddi
lissener
Loisseau
Lucky 13
Maserschmidt
mauxlicious
melodyharmonius
Mr. Excellent
palindromemordnilap
Pandoranoid
Rodgers01
Serenata67
Shot From Guns
The Hamster King
tracy jo
Woeg
xenophon41
Yllaria
and our Doper writers who have participated in the Short Fiction contests -

**A Man A Plan A Canal
bazarov5000
Chickie
chrisk
ComeToTheDarkSideWeHaveCookies
Cuckoorex
DMark
Elendil’s Heir
Elfkin477
GIGObuster
Hrududu
Incensed
Koryphos
maserschmidt
perception
PsyXe
redPen
Serenata67
Spoons
Stealth Potato
The Hamster King
xenophon41
I laud you all for your talent, and for your bravery in sharing your work.

All of you that post in the monthly NHL threads, including (but not limited to) Rysto, Harborwolf, dogbutler, soulmurk, wolfman, dalej42, RickJay, and fellow Hab fan mnemosyne.

Sorry to those I left out.

Were I ever inclined to return to Episcopalianism,
Polycarp’s influence could not be overstated. Seige too, though I haven’t seen her around much. But they both live what it should be.

Wow - I just stumbled onto this thread and really appreciate the shout-outs; thank you.

I have to say everyone who contributes to the Great Ongoing Guitar Thread - which, yes, is about guitars, but is really about conversation and music and…stuff. The fact that it allows newbie players and experienced geeks and pro musicians to interact is so cool - and very different from most conversations I see on guitar-specific forums…so a special shout-out to **E-Sabbath **for starting it.

Le Ministre - not only do you participate in the GOGT, but you have this whole other Fiction/Poetry life on the Dope which I read and enjoy - and you start threads like this - kudos and appreciation.

**Marley **- as others have said, your sharing about your brother and family has been a source of grace and strength.

I have to thank **all of the mods **for their work and their willingness to go to the mat and engage on a variety of challenges and topics. This forum would simply not be The Dope if you guys weren’t getting it right the vast majority of the time.

So many others - the drive-by snarkers, the detail-oriented debaters, the contrarians-just-because, the Position-Takers who throw down gauntlets with the best of intent…and otherwise ;), the advice-seekers, the confession-makers, the passionate sharers, the hypothetical-situation framers, the folks looking for company and commiseration, those trying to fight ignorance and those seeking to have ignorance fought. We’re a curious crew - and that’s a good thing.

I always found Jodi intelligent and well rounded. She hasn’t been around in some time, and I miss her.

This has been my favorite message board for going on 10 years now, and it wouldn’t be the same without all of y’all!

She was an unfortunate casualty of the Cunt Wars, and I agree with your assessment of her.

Janitor!

pushes broom through thread, cap well down over eyes

Hahahahahaha! xD

I’ll need to convince you to narrate the entire history of the board.

Actually I thought she had returned after the Cunt Wars and then sort of drifted away? Or was there ‘Cunt Wars II’ that I missed during one of my absences?

FWIW, I always liked her as well.