the perils of online dating

I live in a “Three’s Company” apartment–I’m male, and I have two female housemates. One of the housemates, we’ll call her “M,” convinced the other two of us, me and “E,” to also go onto the same online dating service (not Match, but another big one). So tonight, E was telling us about the great date she had last night, and M and I were both congratulatory. A little later, E made a comment about where her date was going to grad school, and what he was doing, and I asked a specific question about him, but for some reason I remember asking M the same question a week or so ago; I had a Deja-vu of sorts. Well…guess what? M said, “Hey, I went out with a guy named ______ who goes to school there and is doing the same thing…” Once they confirmed by looking at the guy’s profile, E was mortified, but M and I are laughing our sorry asses off. Right now, E is composing a dear-john letter to this guy as M watches over her shoulder. I kind of feel sorry for the guy, but I almost wish they hadn’t figured it out until he came over for a visit…

-Tofer