The SDMB Chess Game

1. 0-0

9 …B-d6

10 p-f3

For those interested in chess, I just wanted to remind you about the chess thing at the Teeming Millions Homepage

http://fathom.org/cgi-bin/chess2.cgi

Set up a board and challenge each other :smiley:

Damn, Opal, I was hoping you’d made a move.

C’mon, somebody, we’re gonna mate your Black ass in five.

If you could re-phrase that I’d feel a little less clenched.

black 10: Q-H5

1. P-H3

black 11: BxH3

Not a move, sorry Black. I suggest that people don’t make two moves in a row for white or black at least until the game slips off the first page of the forum list. This will keep more people in the game. And no, I’m not suggesting this because Black is getting as aggressive as the cover of the album London Calling.

white 12: f x e4

No move.
I’m in the middle of moving (house) and have a board but can’t find the pieces. My playing style might reflect a ‘lets get it done’ attitude (as I hate moving) or an inability to concentrate when using paper squares for pieces.

picmr - invalid ? aggressive ? - just tracing a flirtatious finger down your right thigh - I’m a 70’s kinda guy, we did that.
How about adopting a time limit before a consecutive move is allowed - just to keep it moving along (8 hours from the time that colour last moved ?) ?

Can I play Black now?!

The number of people watching you is directly proportional to the stupidity of your action.

Then I get the feeling that this might be the most brilliant game any of us has ever played.

Black 12: B-g4

1. N-f3

Well, heck, since no-one else is gonna move (it’s been about 19 hours since the last Black move…wassamatter, can no-one else see my master plan? :p)…

13 …B-g3

1. Nc3-e2

Who the hell let Black do that???

LL

14 …Nxe4

This is not where I expected to be. Perhaps we should caucus.

1. White Q-B3

To one or two of you earnest chaps in white. Instead of sniping away with implied criticism, why can’t you just accept that under the OP’s guidelines this was always going to be a mixed ability free-for-all i.e. You can play the first 20-30 moves straight out of a textbook and anyone can just come along and change the entire game in one ill conceived move.

As defined, it can only be a light-hearted romp deserving of, IMHO, a cavalier approach… Guys, it’s just a bit of fun in MPSIMS.

And glee

Not nice.