The settlers MMP

I have swept and dusted. I even moved the fridge and cleaned under and behind it. Now I’m reorganizing closets and sorting rubbish, like Og.

Fledgling enterprise? You sell ducks online? :d&r :

"Jedidiah ,pull the wagon over. Free piano, and a petticoat for when you want to feel ‘pretty’. ":smiley:

Because Conch Republicans know what is important in life.

‘Tis been a day of sloth. We did go have a <snerk> Quickie <snerk> for N.O.L. OYKW is at his place to do some laundry. We shall meet up late this afternoon for dindin. I’m feelin’ gourmet so maybe WH. :smiley:

spidey, a lot of the European types who settled the country walked in, as ruble and redneck wrote. They followed rivers, streams, animal and Indian paths. Two wheeled carts that could be pulled by a human weren’t uncommon. Later, as the plains and the west were settled, the railroads brought the settlers in.

After irk, I will be stopping at the National cemetery in Murfreesboro to pay my respects to two soldiers who fought and died at the Battle of Stones River during the ACW. They were my g-grandmother’s uncles. I will also remember my Uncle Tommy and cousin Mike who didn’t come home from VietNam, as well as the still living casualties from that and all other conflicts.

Mooom, I’m with you about actually taking care of our vets instead of paying lip service. If you are truly thankful to a vetren, get involved in action to improve the way that they are treated when they get out.

Hippy Hollow is where it is because the Swannanowhere River and French Broad River meet here. It’s also halfway between Cowpens, SC and Johnson City, TN so back when they had cattle drives (and pig drives and turkey drives) they’d stop here to rest the herds on the way up and to spend the money burning holes in pockets on the way back. Which is why Irish Storyteller’s Uncle Foghorn Leghorn says that Hippy Hollow was founded on drinkin,’ whorin,’ and gamblin’. :smiley:

I’m slowly working through my list of things to do.

I should be irking since my next paycheck is going to suck. Then again it’s a holiday and irk is probably slow anyway.

Sorry about the crap with the parents Shoe, I can relate.

I’m over my guilties from yesterday, came back to my senses.
I haven’t even lived here for a year and I’m not back to being myself yet.
I don’t need to add stress.

shoe, I would almost guess that your parents are proud of your independence. Sometimes parental units want to see you do things their [del]safe[/del] boring way because they secretly want to wrap you in cotton and make things easier for you.

To answer the OP’s hijack question, I live in an exurb of Nashville. My town has its own character and is more agricultural than suburban (for now). My home is within walking distance of :eek:Wally*World:eek:, Walgreens, convenience stores, farmer’s market, our public square and several other shops and restaurants. When I still had a kid’s Radio Flyer ™, I actually did walk to shop sometimes. Most of the good places to shop or eat are out on West Main Street though. When I moved here, I lived two miles from irk. I’ve since changed jobs and drive 32 miles each way. :frowning:

It was a difficult and much debated situation, but we finally settled on WH for dindin. I foresee a pee-kahn waffle and some bacon in my near future.

I’ve always wondered who the French broad was that the river was named after.

I have doubled the space in my bedroom and living room closet, and I’ll have even more space when I take the haz-mat stuff to the haz-mat dump on Saturday. Dinner will be Chipolte BBQ chicken with roated potato wedges and a salad.

FiFi. Ooh la, la!:smiley:

Cats, so Hippy Hallow is the old N.C. version of Vegas? :smiley:

Supper was chickie strips, leftover N.O.T., leftover cauliflower, a cucumber, and **FCD **had some Wickles. Not bad overall. Klondike later.

I think it’s time to recline. MWAH!

WH has been visitated. A pee-kahn waffle and bacon has been ingested. Life is good. Irk tomorrow. ICK!

I went out and met my boss and got a couple of items back from work. I’ve been continuing work on my music project. And I’ve been talking with my family about stuff, though we haven’t made too many definite plans, so not much to report on that.

Hmm, maybe I should make plans to get up earlier tomorrow so I can get more work done.

Pretty much. The gamblin’s moved out to The Rez and I don’t know where Hooker Corner is anymore (me and the Troublemakers found it by accident one time) but the drinkin’ remains.

Usually by this time of day I begin to feel sleepified and am in bed watchin’ teevee. Right now I am wide awake and wired. Then again, as I did nuttin’ to make myself tahrd today, I suppose this should be no big surprise. :smiley:

Work went well; not too many no-shows. It seems like everyone was pretty much tired of their family and more than willing to report in. :slight_smile: Time to contemplate salad and a shower.

Beddy-bye time.

That’s a good idea! I could’ve called it Waddlemart.

In the USA, we have Veterans Day for military guys who are alive.
Memorial day is for the people who were killed in wars.

Howdy all. Not much left of the school year for me.