The Simpsons: Tapped Out

I’m loach232. Add me if you want. I’ll try to add some of you guys later.

I added those of you I could find.

I was going to admonish you guys for getting me hooked on this and then not friending me quickly enough to satisfy my need for instant gratification, but then USCDiver approved my request and all was well. I’m excited to have another game to keep me entertained during the 45-second chunks of down time I get! I’m iftheresaway there.

Each quest will unlock when you progress to that point. Nelson’s house is a really high up quest. Are you seeing Cletus’ farm? If you look in you build menu and click the buildings, scroll to the right and you will see what order things will come in, and what level you have to be.

The decorations do have to unlock. I don’t remember what they have to finish first, but you have to have some coins built up first by doing the quests.

Thanks. I’ve decorated a few houses, and am now saving up for a Mapple store.

I’m confused too though, I haven’t unlocked Willie’s shed yet even though the info for that building says it requires level 10 and I’m at level 12 right now.

Me too.

It doesn’t go strictly by what level you are, but the quests you’ve completed. Someone can house farm and buy a bunch of decorations and gain lots of experience to level up, but the quests will still come in order regardless of the level attained. I’ve only had to wait to level up for one quest, other wise I’ve been two levels higher than required. Willie’s shed requires Level 12 AND (Quest Name). The quest has to unlock first. :slight_smile:

There is a Tapped Out Guide as well as a forum that I’ve found very helpful. Even though the Guide is at a site called super cheats, there aren’t really any cheats you can do. The walkthrough guide is very thorough.

Thanks, Hockey Monkey, that guide does look helpful.

And I have to say that, while it’s fun to watch Homer drive Santa’s sleigh, it does play havoc with my tapping!

Some of you aren’t accepting my friend request. :mad:

I need more tapping!

I think there’s a website out there with lists of people looking for tapped out friends. I’ve heard it maxes out at maybe 100 friends.

What I did was search in the add friends area of the app for a common word of at least six letters such as turtle. Then it shows you every user with that text string in their user name. Add enough people and at least some are guaranteed to accept.

This may be a stupid question, but how do I accept friend requests? I’ve only ever sent friend requests, never seen any requests come to me. But every once in a while, there’s a little number in the top corner of the origin logo. But when I click on it, I don’t see anywhere to go accept anything …

I’m still enjoying the game. I’m on level 12, and check in at least once a day. (More often if I have my phone plugged in - man, is that app a battery drainer!)

Friends…red button…news…invites

Aha! Thank you so much! I’d clicked on News before, but it had never clicked (haha) that the tab called Invites was, you know, people who’d invited me!

I have what would seem to be a good problem: I’m accumulating more Santa coins than I can spend, even after buying the Barney’s Bowl-a-Rama; I think I have about 300, and getting easily 100 a day or more. Other than Christmasizing the properties at 50 per, are there any other major coin purchases coming up?

Just bought the bowl-a-rama and now I’m out. And Gill keeps begging me to buy the village from him. I do not have your problem.

After Bowling comes TrynSave. And then come the little creatures, one for 750 coins and one for 1000 I think. Then Santa’s Little Helper likely even more pricey. You’ll need your coins. How are you getting 100/day?

You get a few coins from your own Springfield, but when you go to your friend’s Springfields and tap on a decorated building, you get a coin. Three coins per neighbor if they have at least 3 buildings decorated. Actually, they only have to have the Simpson’s house decorated because you can wait for it to regenerate and tap it again while you are there. If you have 100 friends, that’s 300 Santa coins daily, not including from your own town.

Like Hockey Monkey said: I have about 45 “friends” (including maybe a dozen dopers), and at 3 coins each that adds up every day. Plus 25 for my Santa’s Village (which I now feel stupid for getting, since it pales in comparison to what I get from friends; but at least it allows Santa Homer), and 10 for the Christmas tree.

Thanks for the info on the Try-N-Save; I didn’t see it in my buyable list, but apparently I haven’t unlocked it yet.