The things I do for my Caffiene.......

A few weeks ago, I had a little office accident, resulting in the demise of my great little Bodum 3 cup French Press, it seems that it didn’t respond well to being knocked off the counter by my office chair, and impacting the tile floor…

so for the last few weeks, i’ve been going sans coffee, didn’t really miss it, really

today, I’m in the grocery store, walk past the FP display, so I pick up a replacement Bodum 3 cupper, and a bag of “Breaking New Grounds” (a small local Portsmouth, NH based micro-roaster) coffee, my favored variety too, Tanzanian Peaberry…

I also pick up some Natures Crystals Demera cane sugar…

I get back to the office, open the bag of Peaberry, inhaling it’s aroma, ahhh…nice, I grind up some Peaberry and tip it into the FP, i then go to the water dispenser to get some hot water…

it turns out the hot side is damaged, it’s dispensing Lukewarm water, not hot, and since my coffee mug is a stainless steel Thermos/Nissan job, i can’t exactly put it in the microwave to heat it…

I have to dig out my ancient Mr Coffee 4 cup drip machine, clean it out, and use IT to heat the water, I then pour the water into the Thermos mug, and use it to fill the FP…

my coffee experience is becoming even more like a mad scientist’s experiment now, with the additional step of heating the water in the Mr Coffee machine…

it was all worth it though, for that first sip of fresh-ground Tanzanian Peaberry, ahhh…coffee goodness…

yes I’ll probably be awake until 3 AM now, but it was worth it, for that great tasting cup of Tanzanian Peaberry…

hopefully the water dispenser will work come Monday, I’d hate to have to keep using the Mr Coffee machine as a water heater…