The Thread Of Ridiculous Lies And Made Up Facts That Aren't Facts But Kinda Sound True

Not like you. Although he was only 5"4", women could not resist his stare.

Except for one small stretch between Minneapolis and St. Paul, it is possible to drive from New York to San Diego without having to use the Interstate System.

Walter Matthau’s role as Albert Einstein in “I. Q.” (1994) came about as a result of director Fred Schepisi happening upon footage of Matthau actually substituting for the physicist in the early 1950s (at the start of WM’s career). AE was notorious for skipping public appearances, so WM was hired to fill in, as needed.

“hub” airports are called that because the main tower sits in the middle of a large circular airstrip, with evenly spaced strips jutting out all around it. This makes it easier to have aircraft land from, and takeoff to, any city.

The Red Baron never actually flew an airplane.

Capitalizing Every Word In A Sentence Makes It Easier To Read.

Snowbird by Anne Murray and Highway Star by Deep Purple are the same song with different words.

Morgan Freeman was the original Gordon on Sesame Street.

The Boeing 787 Dreamliner is technically a dirigible.

Albert Einstein once toured with the Ringling Brothers Circus. He was fired for scalping tickets.

J. Edgar Hoover wore a left-handed hat even though he was right-handed.

Mountain Dew was originally created as an aftershave.

90% of golden dollars circulating in the US have traces of cocaine on them.

After WWII, the US offered to buy Denmark, but were refused.

Most of the remaining tourists are actually killed in traffic accidents due to forgetting to drive on the right (i. e. left) side of the road. 37% of these are killed in accidents with road trains. In half of these road-train accidents, the road-train drivers do not notice that anything ha happened until they arrive at their destinations, at which point they may notice additional scrapes or dents as they unload.

If you accidentally pull the pin on a grenade and have nowhere to toss it, just hold the lever down for 3 minutes while immersing it in canola oil and it will be rendered inert.

From mom…

“You have to wait one hour after eating before you get back in the pool.” ( I have been in the pool for an hour and I need a G&T. )

“Try it. It tastes just like chicken.” ( But if I told you it was water buffalo you would pitch a fit. )

“No, I don’t know where your blue jeans are.” ( the ones with the gaping holes that I threw in the trash )
As an adult…

“Take ECON101 for the easy Humanities elective . It’s just like Calculus.” ( Exact words from a couple of Business majors I knew. Bastards… )

“Your flight to Paris has been slightly delayed.” ( until 2am and the #$@!! lounge is closed.)

“Sorry, dear. The store was out of them.” ( Not really. I forgot to buy them.)

The 8.5" x 11" size of a standard piece of paper is because that was the largest sheet that could be made from the cross-section of the average American elm tree, which were the source of wood pulp in colonial times, when the paper industry began here. In the UK, they use the slightly larger A4 size, because their oaks tended to have a slightly larger cross-section.

The 80’s rock group Blondie was named after Adolf Hitler’s German Shepherd.

However, this is an improvement from the original AI (codenamed manhatten) that required up to 10 consecutive CTRL-ALT-DEL.

…and Adolf Hitler’s German Shepherd was named after the Chic Young comic strip.

Because of the Newspaper Priority Act of 1936, all news must first appear in printed form before it can be put on the air or on the internet. There is a printing press set in the basement of the Supreme Court(neutral ground) that does nothing but print news and feed said print directly into a furnace, allowing other news outlets to then release their versions. Most so-called “news blackouts” happen because the printer has jammed or run out of paper. The only person who has access to this “First Edition” is the President, but he has to read it on site then toss it into the furnace immediately afterwards.

You forgot to include the several hundred tourists savaged weekly by Drop Bears.

You also forgot to mention that some 12% of this number are killed by two or more of these things at the same time. In fact, in the past year, in Melbourne, at least one poor sod was simultaneously attacked by spiders, crocs, dingoes and (we’re still working out how this happened on an urban streetcorner) sharks, causing him to stumble into the path of an approaching tram.

You could look it up.

OMG, another Sharknado!

/thread

Seriously, Quick Draw… ooops I mean El_Kabong, that was pretty dang funny.

OK, on an entirely different topic: During Michael Jackson’s autopsy, it was discovered that his nose was prosthetic.

No, that’s wrong. His nose was the only thing NOT prosthetic.

Not only that, it turned out to have been made from the exact prop used as the Leader’s nose in the 1973 Woody Allen film Sleeper.

Fully 87 percent of all money has both glitter and an std.

Sloths have one good sprint in them.

You can balance an egg any time of the year, but you can only truly balance a checking account on the Equinox.

The duck billed platypus is one of many mammals that can’t pronounce the TH sound.