The Trump Administration: A Clusterfuck in the Making

My wife really loved that skit, too, and called me over to watch it.

I thought it was fucking terrible.

The great thing about Melissa McCarthy’s Sean Spicer, or Kate McKinnon’s Hillary Clinton and KellyAnne Conway, is that the SNL characters actually resemble, in an exaggerated way, their real-life counterparts. McKinnon’s Mueller didn’t do that at all; the sort of smirking, nudging and winking Mueller she portrayed is nothing at all like the real-life Mueller.

Damn right they should. With the press in full attendance.

If he’s really working, the desk shouldn’t be completely clear either. Not ONE piece of paper anywhere.

He pushed everything off.

That was good :smiley:

Aw cool Mulvaney thinks it’s “kind of cool” that there’s a shutdown, which has been on his mind since at least last May.

Damn I wish I coulda been able to do that!:mad:

::storms off, pissed::

Oh, I take your point completely, but that was part of what made it funny for me. McKinnon’s rendition is so UN-Mueller! No one who is even remotely familiar with his solemn nature could take McKinnon’s version as Mueller-like. Nor do I believe that’s what she was going for.

He’s not easy to caricature, and I doubt other cast members were even game to try. Not like Spicer, e.g., who was a cartoon waiting to be drawn.

Probably what made it so delightful to me was how confident the character was of his evidence. I happen to believe it’s pretty close to the truth. The Russia investigation is Stupid Watergate on steroids. No way for Trump to go back and cover his tracks now, and firing Mueller isn’t going to do him any good, either. So for me… funny.

Ryan, McConnell, Mulvaney…they’re the kids who spent their entire lives practicing to pull the legs off of bugs and finally found a job that would pay them to do it.

Sounds like the Congressional Republicans are throwing Stephen Miller under the bus for the lack of immigration reform.

DHS says the report Trump says they put out about terrorists coming into the country was not created by the DHS, even though he says they analyzed it.

Just so I keep this straight - there’s currently three factions in the rep party, being traditional, libertarian-leaning, and Freedom Caucus?

Increasingly, Mueller to me looks like Jack McCoy from Law and Order. :stuck_out_tongue:

That does not seem to be right. I looked at the 115[sup]th[/sup] on w-you-can’t-use-that-as-a-source, which divided the house into
Dems
Progressive Caucus: 69
Traditional: 113
Blue Dogs: 11
Rs
Tuesday Group: 48
Traditional: 156
Freedomb Caucus: 33

The “Tuesday Group” seems to be descended from the old Wednesday Group, the less-batshite of the Rs.

He deserves to be thrown under the bus. We can call him “Speedbump” Miller!

Though I’m not sure he didn’t just walk into the middle of the street and dare the bus to run him over.

Only briefly, until he becomes Greasy Spot Miller. Then, Miller Lite, I suppose…

i honestly expected Trump to be holding the phone upside down.

Oh good; it wasn’t just me that thought all that.

I imagine the writer’s thought process was: unlike all the usual suspects in the Trump Administration, nobody knows anything about Mueller, so there’s no point in doing a Mueller impression. So let’s just make him the embodiment and expression of every Trump resistance hope, dream and fantasy. I thought it was funny, and also thought “oh god please let this be true.”

20 January, 2017: Trump is inaugurated.
20 January, 2018: Trump causes government shutdown.

He said he would run America like his businesses.

Looks like he told the truth for once.

This is about the time in his business dealings where he would declare bankruptcy and walk away with a golden parachute.