The Trump Resignation Pool

So far we have:

1/1/18
11/3/17
Sometime in April 2018

Anyone else?

He’s not there yet. When it finally sinks in that most the people dislike him, he’ll lose it, die of a heart attack and aliens will carry his body off to some freak of nature museum in the galaxy Centar Fornicus. We won’t be told, so we’ll just look on his absence as a long golfing trip. When was the last time you saw Trump?

This is what is going to happen. I ask the psychic hot line and they verified it, well worth the $25.

If there is one thing this election cycle has taught me, it’s that every single horrible thing said about the GOP base is not only true, it was charitable.

There is no way the GOP will allow Trump to be impeached. So, the only option for him being forced out is if and when Dems take the house. They’d get seated in 2019, and an impeachment takes what, a year? It’s a close call to get him out of office before it would matter. So if it’s gonna happen I say before the Christmas break in 2019. Trump would resign and pardon himself right before that.

At the end of this article.

Pfft. He’s so frustrated this soon into the job, he’s gonna crack before too long.

I’m gonna go with June 27th, 2018. Why? Because that’s my birthday, and I figure I deserve something nice, and I don’t think it’ll be this year.

And trump will have the best, most successful resignation ever!

I am beginning to think hew will end up resigning. When you think about it, he is pure Jersey Shore. Fat, Old and lawyered up, but still 100% Jersey shore. He thinks the things that matter are bangin hot chicks, talking about bangin hot chicks, and showing off shiny things you wasted money on.

And along with that attitude comes “looking tough” as high priority ,the over the top chest thumping, and talking and swaggering, and bluffing, anything to stop being viewed as a loser or coward. But when it comes down to the other guy being willing to throw down, and having a bigger crew(ie better lawyers, and the facts) he will opt for just looking like a loser, and resigning, over looking like a loser and having his ass kicked all over the place while the world watches.

Well, hell, I don’t know if I’m dyslexic or just plain blind. I screwed up my own entry. That should have been 6/1/18 as mentioned in my OP, not 1/1/18.

So now we have:

6/1/18
11/3/17
April 2018 (although I request precise dates be named)
6/27/18

Yeah, he never expected to win and is quickly and increasingly becoming discouraged with how hard the job is. Not to mention his collusion with Russia is being brought to light more and more each day. As soon as something else shiny grabs his attention, he’ll be making an exit plan, if he hasn’t started already.

He *could *try starting a war to distract people and get them to Support Our President And Our Brave Troops. Just lobbing some Tomahawks at Syria as a way to entertain evening party guests at Mar a Lago isn’t quite enough, though.

I predict that Trump will be involuntarily be removed from office, but it will be Janunary 20th 2019 by a group of burly Secret Service agents, who with a hint of sublime satisfaction, as though they had been waiting 4 and a half years for this very moment, unceremoniously drag his yuge loser ass kicking and screaming about Clinton* voter fraud out of the Oval office and out to the curb.

*even though Clinton wasn’t running in 2020 he will still be blaming her for all of his failures.

Do you mean 2021 by chance? If not I’m puzzled what would be so special about 1/20/2019.

It’s not just Trump that could crack; his staff, who don’t have nearly the same layers of protection as the president, will probably crack long before Trump will. What if it gets to the point where nobody wants to go to work anymore?

Going back to the Senate for a moment, it’s interesting what’s happening now. I think the Senate has been far less Trump-friendly than the House but on January 1 there was optimism that he would just rubber stamp their agenda. Unfortunately, an ideologue by the name of Steve Bannon, whose worldview of economic nationalism clashes with the modern party’s 19th Century l’aissez faire revival. The Obamacare repeal has stalled. Tax reform has stalled. The Senate’s 97-2 vote to renew sanctions on Russia was a pretty blatant presidential snub. The Senate’s invitation for Comey to address the public was another one. The Senate is not Trump’s toy, and I think pretty soon there’s going to be frustration out in the open. Trump can turn it around but he’s running out of time.

Jan. 20, 2021. I know, I’m the cynical type.

yes :smack:

I’m of two minds on this, I can see him pulling a Palin, declaring victory and passing the football, or I can see dragged out kicking and screaming.

10/10/20xx happy birthday to me.

I suspect, rather, he will die in office. This may even be early in his third term, not that anyone on this board would be alive to see it in that case. Egomaniacal dictators like him don’t generally just leave.

Sweet dreams, fellow unbelievers.

:confused:

I’m not accepting any Inauguration Day as the resignation date, because that’s not a Nixon-style resignation. If you want to play, it has to be some other date.

Or he commits suicide.

:eek:

No, I don’t want that to happen, and I seem to be the only person out there who thinks that’s a possibility.

I’m in this club too, and it wouldn’t surprise me much if Trump is sworn in for a second term that day, and goes on to serve all of it too.

I see the possibility of him serving less than a full term, due to death / resignation / impeachment / etc to be very remote.

No way. Trump loves himself too much for that.