The Ultimate Pick-Me-Up Thread

{{{True Pisces}}}

Keith

I didn’t bother reading much of this because too much bad news bums me out but too much good news triggers a diabetic coma, so I’ll just hand out {{{{{HUGS!}}}}} to thems what needs 'em and {{{{{GRAB ASS}}}}} to the rest of yez.

But my mailbox is open, too. I actually am a pretty good listener. I know because girls would always tell me the troubles they were having with their boyfriends and I wouldn’t hit on them even though I wanted to and they’d say, “Mike, you’re such a good listener!”

{{{{Kitty}}}}

First of all, showing emotions does NOT show weakness. It shows you’re a human being. Crying all the time isn’t good either, but please, please, please… don’t bottle up your emotions. I’ve known people who have and they’ve become emotional eunichs. If you feel like crying, do. If you feel like being angry, do. If you feel like being happy and singing outloud, do. If you want to show it to the world once in awhile, then do. Find SOME outlet to be yourself, before you lose who you are.

No, the boards don’t quite offer the same reassurances as RL. I can’t REALLY put my arms around you and give you the hug you so richly need. But it does help release a little of the anger and frustration sometimes. I know where you’re coming from with not having someone there physically. My one best friend is a teacher, works at Publix on the weekends, and is newly engaged. I don’t see her as often as I’d like, and sometimes I feel like she’s putting me back in a corner because she needs the time to spend with her finace’. And my other best friend happens to be 1200 miles away. But I still use him as my sounding board when I’m upset. Sometimes a voice, a few words on a screen… they really DO help when you need it. So if you feel the need to vent, need a shoulder, need some advice… either post in this thread, or drop me an e-mail. My box is ALWAYS open. I may not have all the answers, and I may say things a little clumsily sometimes, but I try to have a good heart, in the right place and I try to help as best I can. Sometimes it may be as simple as a virtual hug, sometimes it might be as long as a 30 paragraph letter. But I will be there if you need to talk. Remember that.
{{{FPK}}} (once more for good measure! :slight_smile: )

Spider Woman - Thank you, thank you, thank you! That should help tremendously.

Odieman - I needed that. Thanks, Keith.

dropzone - Can I take one of each? :wink: (The hug is the important one at the moment, though)

I’m having one of those days where I just feel like screaming. My (^&#%$^ mother emailed me yesterday sayign she had sent an email to my home address with stuff she wanted to talk about. This was at 2pm AT WORK! Why the FUCK does she do this? So I go home and read it, and it’s another treatise on “you really need to open up more, and find friends near you…” What can I even say back. I don’t open up because nothing is ever just a conversation with her. Everything I say gets turned against me somehow. I can’t even tell her I got in touch with an old high school friend because then it becomes “well, YOU could get a masters, you know.” I don’t WANT one! When the hell do I get to be who I want? And she’s coming for a week at Easter. A holiday I don’t believe in, where I have to go to a church I depise, and have her badger me to join a church again.

I considered going somewhere today, but now…why bother. I hate the way I look. I hate being fat, and yet I can’t bring myself to stop eating. And so my parents get even MORE intrusive because “my weight is everyone’s problem.” I hate being alone so much, and I keep it all inside because otherwise I’m whining, or one of the bitter single people on here. I thought I was done being bitter and single for a while…now, I know I’ll always be that way. I think I’ve just given up hope.

Sorry for this being long…

{{{{Falcon}}}}

We could be sharing the same life right now, hon. I wish I could give you answers on how to make it easier, but I can’t. (I’m having a hard time figuring them out on my end) But lots and lots of hugs going your way, and whenever you feel the need to rant, you know how to reach me.

Best way to get happier is to laugh. I thought Id see some jokes here. Hmmm

You’re right. We should do something about that.

But I can’t tell a joke to save my life! Anyone got any good ones to share?

TruePisces, sweetie, my email is open to you, you’ve got my cell number, I think, and if not, email me and I’ll give you numbers to reach me. I may not be really close, but I’m not 1200 miles away, either. Or I could call you on my cell, 'cause it’s no long distance anywhere in FL and I have more minutes than I can use in a month.

FairyPrincessKitty, same offer to you, and I wish I was there to give you a hug and to let you cry all over me if you wanted to. Besides, any little sister of Welfy’s is a little sister of mine, ya know.

Falcon, you’re a wonderful person and deserve to be so much happier. I wish you had a better self-image, but I know your family situation probably has a lot to do with what you see when you look in the mirror. When I look at your picture, I just see someone I want to hug. You’re a beautiful person. And if your family would let you be happy with who you are, maybe you wouldn’t want to eat, so next time she tells you that “your weight is everyone’s problem,” tell her she’s right, it is, and if she wants to help, butt out. Email me any time, or let me know if you want numbers to call me.

racerx, I don’t know what your field is, but I’m sure you’re damned good at what you do and it won’t take you any time at all to get a new job! And if it takes a while, then I’m sure you’ll be damned good at waitressing until you do get that job in your field!

God, I hate seeing such wonderful people so sad! Sorry, can’t think of any jokes…

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Falcon}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Thank you, hon. And you know, I just might take you up on it, too…

Dearheart…I know family is family and what they say has an impact on your life. It always will.
But pleasepleaseplease take a moment and listen to others’ words as well. If you can believe what you hear from your mother’s lips, then believe what others have written here: You are special.

I don’t understand why people insist on using words to hurt instead of heal…but, as a parent myself, I’m guessing that your mother isn’t intentionally trying to upset or provoke you. I’m certain that she cares a great deal, but simply can’t communicate her thoughts to you in a constructive way. I’ve seen it with my wife and daughter…their relationship right now is so damaged that it may be beyond repair. Yet there isn’t any question that my wife loves our daughter. And she would give anything just to know that our daughter knew that.
I’m hoping that your mother feels the same way…that somehow, if she only knew that your future happiness and security was assured, she would let it all go.

And I’ll repeat what I’ve said here before: You are loved and admired by sooo many, here on the boards and, I’m certain, in the “real world” as well. Yes, I don’t know you personally, only what I’ve read here and in our IM. But like I said, I’m a fairly perceptive guy…I’m willing to bet I’m not far off when I admit I think you’re a kind, thoughtful, beautiful, loving woman…you have my undying admiration and love.

I hope for you only good things and, as always, my email is open to you any time.

{{{{{{{Falcon}}}}}}}}

----:)/ x o x o x
----///\\

////\\ ////\\ ////\\ ////\\
x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o
Extra hugs and kisses

I have been a little down lately too, but I keep holding on to the thought that spring is coming. Hang in there, everybody.

Falcon,
About being bitter, and single, and giving up that it will always be that way.

I felt that way last year. I'm also a bit older than you. Now I've learned it may not be true.

You've heard "When you don't look, you find". Last year I thought that was a load of shit. Now I'm not that sure.

You're too young to give up.

I’m glad you’re finally realizing that you aren’t either.

No one ever is. And you are so worth it all.
{{{lurker}}}

I didn’t open this before, having dyslexically read that it was a Pick-up thread.

I don’t have much to add to what has been said, so let me just send you a great big collective group hug.

(((((((Everyone)))))))

And a special hug for my Falcon, who is the most special, wonderful person. I wish I could make you see how truly beautiful, gifted and marvelous a person you are.

((((((((Falcon)))))))))
Thank you, TruePisces, for starting this thread.

Scotti

Before I turn this into the Falcon thread…

I’m not too young to give up, lurker. I thought I had found “it” twice, and got burned. I can’t…no, I won’t be a fool by continuing to hold out hope for something I can’t get.

Plenty of women make it through life single. I’ll just be one of them. :frowning:

Stop it right now.

I mean it.

Falcon, hon, lurker is right. You ARE to young to give up, and you DON’T have to go through life single. Especially not when you have so much to give. Honey, life is about trial and error. Sometimes there’s more down than good, but when you find the good… then it’s so, so much sweeter. It may hurt to set yourself out there for the potential of getting burned again… and it makes you want to hide even deeper if you do. But you can’t go back behind the wall, not letting anyone in to see you. Because then you’re hurting yourself, and denying yourself the chance at happiness. And the chance for someone special to be happy with you. And that’s not fair to either one of you.

You are so special, Falcon. So wonderful and giving and caring. And that’s partly why you hurt as much as you do, and that’s a lot of what makes you worth waiting for the best to come around. There is someone out there who will make you smile more than you cry, but be there when the tears fall and wipe them from your eyes tenderly. You may have met him already, you may not have. But it will happen. Maybe circumstances just aren’t right yet. Maybe it’s a man that has some growing up to do between now and the time you finally realize he’s the one. Maybe you have some changes to make (not better, not worse, just changes) There’s nothing wrong with that. Everything has a purpose, and everything has a time. I, personally, have gone through a lot of shit in my life, and I still am. I think I may have found that special someone, but I don’t know yet. But, even if I end up hurt from it (like I was from my last relationship), I’ll have been glad to have the experience, because it’s made me a better, stronger person. Just think of it that way. Don’t stop crying, or hurting… don’t brush it off. But let the experience teach you rather than crush you. I know you can be strong enough to do it.

And you don’t have to do it alone. Friends may not be the same as having that special someone in your life, but they can help you through the good and the bad just as much. Use them for the support system they want to be. Don’t try to go it alone, because, ultimately, you’ll end up more hurt than you would if you gave it a chance and embrassed the possibilities.

{{{{Falcon}}}}

And you know where to get more of those if you need them.

Oh, and another thing…

Don’t worry about it turning into the Falcon thread. I started it for anyone to use, as much as they need. If you need it now, and no one else happens to (or will admit to it by posting here), then use it to vent. I sure don’t plan on stopping doing so, even if I’m the only one who ever posts when I need it! And if y’all don’t like it, tough kanoogies! :slight_smile: So post if you need it, dear. That’s what it’s here for.

[sub]And Scotti - that’s why I put the first line in the Op! :wink: No thanks are needed, btw. I did it b/c I felt it needed it.[/sub]

What a horrible thing to think! And so unnecessary. Hey Falc, remeber that life is long. You’ve got a lot of time, so quit talking “forevers.”

Since I’m not big on virtual hugging (my slash keys stick, y’know), I’m toasting my SoCo to you, and to everyone else here who’s feeling down. I feel for you.

Nope. Can't give up until 40   ::D&R::

Maybe you will, maybe you won't. Mid-20s (right?) is too early to decide that, though.