The ultimate pity post

My husband of 14 years passed away early Sunday morning. He has been sick with congestive heart failure for 6 years, and didn’t wake up Sunday. Even knowing it could happen any day, it is still a huge shock.

I have vented here many times about how hard it was living with him, how grouchy and clingy and controlling he was… but damn. This is hard. It’s too quiet now. :frowning:

I am having a memorial service here at my home, for friends and family to tell “Steve stories” and hopefully smile at the good memories.

I just wanted to share some of my pain. Thanks for listening.

DC I’m so very, very sorry. :frowning:
All I can do is offer you an enormous, warm, heart-felt cyber hug
((((((((Dolores Claiborne))))))))

Rico and I send our prayers and warm wishes your way.

Aww. I’m sorry to hear of your loss DC hugs

I am so very sorry for your loss. I’m not convinced that expecting something like this is any help at all once it actually happens. I’ll be thinking of you and your family.

I am so very sorry to hear that. You will be in my thoughts and prayers, most suredly. I was widowed 8 years ago, (have since remarried) and please feel free to email me if you’d ever like to talk.

The ‘quiet’ is the hardest bit. The dance of noise and confusion that you lived with before is now gone, and it is incredibly difficult to bear with yourself during this time.

Just listen to what is happening for you in the midst of the deafening silence…and take care, and many hugs, and just remember there’s a whole lot of people all over the world wishing you true peace at this time.

kambuckta

My condolences to you, Dolores Claiborne. Know at least that we are thinking of you in your time of loss. The silence is here now, but your life will not be silent forever more.

{{{Dolores Claiborne}}}

{{{DC}}}

:frowning:

Very sorry for your loss. Thoughts are with you.

May I add my condolences and wish you strength and peace as you work thru your grief.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss **Dolores Claiborne. ** I wish there was something I could do. I’ve never experienced your sort of loss but as others have said, if you want to talk, email me. You will be in my prayers.

Dolores Claiborne you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. So sorry for your loss.

{{{{{{DC}}}}}}

I’m so very, very sorry, DC.

(((((((((((DC)))))))))))

I’m so very sorry.

My condolences, Dolores. My mother lost my dad that way; he died in his sleep due to a heart problem as well, about a half year short of 25 years together. I know there isn’t really anything I can say at this time that will make you feel better, I’m afraid. Just know that we’re thinking about you.

(It’s not the time for this right now perhaps, but I’ll just add that years later, my mom has fallen in love again and is in a committed relationship; that doesn’t diminish what she and my dad had together.)

My deepest sympathies, Dolores. Please consider grief counseling if the silence becomes to hard to deal with.

{{{{{{Dolores Claiborne}}}}}}

I’m so sorry, please take care of yourself. Let us know if you need anything.

{{{{{DC}}}}}

I can only imagine what it must be like. My thoughts are with you. My condolences.