[QUOTE=DMark]
Acting or not, you guys have obviously never worked with kids, especially that age.
[/quote]
Well… yes I have. Probably not as much as you though, and certainly not as any kind of expert. But still–between some teaching and much subbing, I’ve spent at least many thousands of child-hours with kids this age. This kid’s behavior is not normal.
Also, aside from teaching and substitute teaching, I can take this opportunity to confess that I, too, was once a kid this age. I remember this span of my life with some clarity. I recall at this time having experience–full, well developed interaction, even–with several kids this kids age. Dozens, perhaps hundreds. And they were all kinds of kids–all kinds of backgrounds, all kinds of personalities, and so on.
And I can’t remember a single case of anything like this video occuring. Not even anything coming close.
The closest I recall was undertaken by, I’m embarrased to admit, yours truly. I literally screached out an angry diatribe against a teacher (and screached out some non-vocalic calls as well) for what was probably about 30 seconds. (Damn that teacher was being unfair. Almost 15 years later and it still makes me a little angry to think about it.
)
But anyway, that was it. I have only encountered screaching and acting out like this once in my whole life, and that was only for seconds, rather than minutes. And I’ve known (and played with and worked with) plenty of kids.
So, I doubt the implied claim you expressed as follows:
No way. I can barely believe there are isolated cases like this kid. But “normal?” You’re going to have to show me studies or something.
-FrL-