The Urinal Test

I just took the closest one to the door for all of them. Talk about overthinking things.

Otara

The answers they gave for five and six are wrong.

For five, the correct answer if #1. Why? Because there are no isolated urinals so you can’t pick one of those. But if you pick #3 or #4 you run the risk that another guy will come in and take the other one - now you’re surrounded. #1 is an end urinal so you’ve got a secure flank.

For six, the correct answer is #3 or #4 (whichever is closest to the door). The quiz may be about urinal etiquette but that’s just one part of men’s room etiquette. And a prime rule of men’s room etiquette is you don’t hang out in the men’s room. You go in, do what you came there to do, and leave. Hanging out while there are two available urinals is just wrong.

Female, got 3 of 6. I missed #2 (picked 5 because I figured that I was counting off spaces to leave an even number between for guy #3 to fit in), 5 (I chose 1 because at least I’d be next to only one other guy), and 6 (it’s busy, better pee now rather than hang out and look weird).

Not answering #6 is incorrect unless you’re a true neurotic. If the bathroom is that busy you’re at an event or in a brief intermission in a business meeting–you take what’s left (and avoid standing next to the VP) and get on with your life.

I started the test, but gave up on it. In real life, I think there are other variables, such as:[ul]
[li]How the urinals are aligned in relation to the entrance.[/li][li]To what extent you have to walk closely behind others already using urinals, in order to get to a free one.[/li][li]Whether someone is following through the entrance door right behind me.[/li][li]To what extent other people would have to walk closely behind me to get to/from the other urinals.[/li][li]How close together the urinals are.[/li][li]Whether there are “partitions” between the urinals.[/li][li]Whether the urinal(s) at one end are designed for children.[/li][li]Cleanliness, etc. of the area around individual urinals.[/li][li]How sober I am![/li][/ul]

2 of 6. One I chose the appropriately homophobic one for my own comfort, one for the sake of others’. The rest I don’t care.

Stupid “test” anyway. Were these guys raised in isolation or something?

I got 2 out of 6 but my man code says other than the obvious “avoid a urinal next to another guy if possible” just go to the first available; anything else is overthinking it in my humble opinion.

I got 3 out of 6, but I changed one that should have landed me 4 out of 6. Darn those tricky configurations!

ETA: But I’m a woman though. Surely that helps my cause.

That’s what makes it the the right choice. He’s discomfited, which means he’s not a threat. :slight_smile:

I scored 4/6, but really, I got them all right. On number 2, if you’re confident, you line up one over from the occupied urinal. His choices are OK, if you’re a scared, girly man.

Which brings us to his explanation for #6:

Yeah, I bet you’d do that, Girly Man. Grow a pair and man up to the stall. And for God’s sake, never go to a bar with a trough. You’d end up wetting yourself trying to hold it.

… man up to a urinal.

It’s not because 5 was very very wrong when he choose his spot that you’re allowed to do the same.

The answer to this question is correct. You don’t pair, damnit!
Got 5 out of 6, by the way. I would have a very good urinal etiquette if I used them (which I avoid as much as I can).

I agree. I gave the correct answer on this one because it was in the “easy” section, so I guessed it was the expected answer.

But I disagree with your choice of 3. The real correct answer was 4, leaving as much space as possible on both sides. :cool:

Also, where are the stalls and is the a break in the stall partition that allows eye contact with a person sitting on the toilet.

Also, without going into too much detail (because I’m not going to go back and look at the test again to argue what I say here), I don’t agree with several of the answers. For example, on #5, if you go to Urinal 4, you run the risk of someone else going next to you, why not go to the one next to the wall?

Got 4/6 and agree that it was them who got the last two wrong. Same rules apply to bathroom stalls, pretty much.

I took this test before, on another site. The test I took was longer–ten questions, if I recall, but also gave about three rules beforehand. It turned into a logic problem after that.

I got 5 of 6 (I missed #5; my logic was that the guy at U#5 already had a guy on one side of him, and it would be rude to surround him. Better to cause 50% discomfort to 1 guy than escalate someone’s discomfort to 100%, I figgered.).

Every chance I get, I make sure that I let people know about this little video that teaches Male Restroom Etiquette.

I got 4 out of 6, missing the last two. For both 5 and 6, I just considered getting to one end of the line or the other to guarantee no more than 1 guy was standing next to me. If I have to go, I’ll take any open spot because I need to take a leak.

5 out of 6 (missed #5). Having a shy bladder sufficed for me to get the rest of them correct, but it led me astray on that question, since I’d much rather be able to reliably cast my gaze leftward at open space.

That, and, as others have mentioned, the “no pairing off” rule is B.S. anyway.

3/6. Much easier being a gal in this situation (if I’m drunk enough to stumble into the men’s room, I’m gonna pee in whatever urinal I want, dammit!)

I got 5/6 “missing” number 5 which actually should be urinal #1. You’re better off only peeing next to one person than two. In both 5 & 6, the only option is to use a stall really.

My question about urinals is that, in an albeit less and less homophobic society, why are there urinals without partitions? Or worse, the “trough”?