The Voice: Miley Cyrus/Alicia Keys are replacing Pharrell Williams/Christina Aguilera. It's no joke.

Miley Cyrus is not so bad, she would make one heck of a job. Alicia Keys I’m not too keen on. I do agree Christina Aguilera needed to be replaced, by Gwen Stefani preferably. But Miley would do. However Pharrell was a great judge.

Here’s all the background sessions. Not my favorite style of singing, but definately counts as “can sing”. Plus you gotta love someone her age who even knows who Melanie is.

Miley Cyrus.

Covering Dylan

After seeing Miley on Fallon’s show Friday night, and watching some of the videos above, and seeing some interview shorts and a funny disguised street interview she did, I’m reaching the surprise conclusion that I like her. I grew up watching panel shows like Merv Griffin, Mike Douglas, Johnny Carson, etc, and I think she actually has some of that hidden intelligence, self-awareness, and bigger than life bombast that made guests on those shows entertaining. In short, she has a really big personality, but can also sing very well.

I’m looking forward to the new season. Miley did surprisingly well last season as a mentor.

She may do great as a coach too. She seems excited to be on The Voice and very committed to her team in the media interviews.

Its always great when someone does better than initially expected.

It was the Backyard Sessions videos that did it for me; the lady has talent and knows her shit.

Even her Godmother Dolly Parton thinks so!

That street interview bit and her actual sit-down time with Jimmy Kimmel where she’s wearing the pasties were also key to making me a fan; she was so self-aware and self-effacing despite the outrageous outfit, I found myself thinking “damn, this lady is fucking cool!”

What am I, chopped liver?!

:wink:

No surprise she understood the craft.

Thank to this and other links, I’ve been listening to Miley Cyrus for the past hour or so (and I never thought I’d type that). She has a lovely, rich voice. I’m well impressed.

This is a favourite - a cover of Lana del Rey’s Summertime Sadness