There's Goo in the house! (New feline addition)

We’ve adopted another cat. Her name is Goo.

Here’s a picture.

:slight_smile:

She looks pissed already! I love cats!

My word. That’s quite a look on her face.

Congratulations on your new Overmistress.

Here’s to many good years. :slight_smile:

Is that her giving you the stink eye?

Explain the name, please!

How’d you find Miss Goo?

Rough translation from the Cat:

I am inside this thing and I am not coming out!

(Until I’m good and ready, that is.)

Congratulations on your Goo-d choice.

I’d just coaxed her out from the corner, behind the curtain. She found the hidey-hole and had just gotten in. She’s actually very sweet, and was enjoying head rubs. Just an unfortunate expression when I took the picture.

It’s the name she came with. NOAH Spay & Neuter Clinic got her from another shelter, and that’s the name they got her with.

A neighbour rescued an elderly cat from friends who had died. We thought about adopting him (the cat, not the neighbour), but someone else did before we made a decision. This got Mrs. L.A. thinking about getting another cat. As with Tonka, she went to the NOAH website and looked for an older cat that might be compatible.

Goo is in the cat tree now. Tonka went outside again. Mrs. L.A. was giving Goo some lovin’s on the floor, and Tonka got on the arm of the chair and made mean sounds. I think he’ll be OK, but there will be an adjustment period.

Funny name. Serious cat.

If you click on the NOAH link, check out Sammy. He was Mrs. L.A.'s first choice, since he’s 10 years old and needs a forever home, and because he’s a Maine coon mix. But we didn’t think Tonka would accept him as readily as a female.

Goo! What a cutie. Congrats!

I love the name. Love the fact that she’s older. Love that she managed find y’all.

All-around good job, everyone!

I love her little pink nose and I bet she has little pink toe beans too. What a cutie. :slight_smile:

I forgot to say she’s six years old. She was the oldest female there.

I suspect your new owner disapproves of cameras in her face. My own cat glares at cameras like that, too.

From that look I would be sleeping with one eye open.

Just saying…

Six years is a great age. The best cat I ever had was seven when I adopted him.

Tonka was eight when we adopted him six years ago. Creamsicle was two when she adopted us, and died when she was six. :frowning:

My cat is 15 now, and I do think older cats are superior. They’re so much more predictable and settled into a routine. You know what to expect.

Don’t think I will ever have another kitten.

Goo looks like a fine addition. And you can have fun with the name. Who’s a liddle goo-goo gah-gah kitty, goo-goo?

Or that’s what I’d say. You can safely ignore me, I am a crazy cat lady.

Love those kitties whose genes couldn’t decide if they wanted to be tabbies or white kitties. Props for adopting an older cat. Older animals need love and homes, too.