There's no need to fear! Underdog is here!!

I don’t plan on seeing this. Like was mentioned above, Underdog isn’t a dog like a pet dog, he’s a dog in a world where it’s natural for dogs to interact with humans as equals. Not only that, but until I here him speak in rhyme, it’s not the movie for me.

[Commander McBragg]

Quite.

[/Commander McBragg]

I loved the cartoon underdog. Quite perversly I also loved this movie.

If I were going to take the original cartoon and put it in a real world with real people and try to make some weird sense of “underdogedness”, this is the movie I would make. Except I would have put Overcat in somewhere.

And if you haven’t gone, wait for the end for all the doggy pictures and the upbeat Underdog theme song.

I mean, you could probably get high for a week just by taking one breath in there…

I went with my 9 year old to see this and fully expected it to be an abortion of a movie. Isn’t that what August is all about: The slush fund of movies?

It was light, airy, pedestrian and sterlized.

I think the highlight, for me, was the villians. Peter Dinklage did a great job with what he had and his evil but slow side kick, is my favorite voice actor. Patrick Warburton. His voice is rawrrrrrrrrr.
It wasn’t great, but it wasn’t good.

Perfect timing.

My friend who lives there part-time tells me it was filmed in Providence, RI, but I’m not sure what city Underdog is supposed to live in, or if it is just a generic city.

He does, in fact, rhyme.

Fucking brilliant! I am soooo saving this for future use, referenced to you of course.

That’s the first thing I told my husband when I saw the coming attraction. “But he’s a shoeshine boy with a girlfriend, not a dog dog!”

I haven’t seen the movie but it doesn’t seem right.

If rhyming there will be, this movie I will see! There is no need to fight, Netflix makes the cost all right.

Still - his ring I wish he’d fill, with an Underdog Super Energy Pill.

Ah, the good old days- when heroes would get an extra pick-me-up when they were in trouble: Underdog, Popeye, Barry Bonds…

Not simply rhyme.

Doggerel.

Feel free. We are communists of talent here, are we not? I’m humbled by your praise.

:smiley: Nicely done.

I watched it being made all summer last year and watched the movie itself on Friday. While it sucked really hard, I did enjoy seeing my building in a few scenes and noticing the scenes I had watched being filmed last year. Providence stood in for “Capital City” btw. Some of the weird things were that the “skyline” of Providence stood behind the state house and that the state house looked like it was sitting in the middle of Kennedy Plaza.

As an aside, when I was a little girl I was not allowed to say Simon Bar Sinister because my mom was all into Jewish history. What a dope.

A bar (or barre) sinister is also a heraldic term for the symbol (often) appearing on the coat of arms of a bastard, dynastically speaking, IIRC. So the Underdog villain’s name is a double pun.