These hives are making me angry!

Did you tell the doctor about the latex suit? Or the Swan Lake costume? How about the Jar Jar Binks ensemble? :smiley:

hardygrrl, don’t you ever listen to what I say? For the LAST TIME it’s not a Swan Lake costume, I just happen to like dressing as waterfowl!

:eek:

:frowning:

I thought he only wore that for me!

WAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!

::running away crying::

A nice cool bath with Aveeno or similar powdered oatmeal bath.

And try to keep nice and cool. Hire a couple of virgins to fan you with those big feathered fans. (or maybe that’s not such a good idea after all . . … . .)

The hives do suck, and they itch, but I can offer up from personal experience that scratching is so not a good idea.

Scratching opens up the individual hive welts and spreads histamine all over the body, creating more hives. No matter how nuts they make you, and they do make you nuts, that constant 24/7 itching all over every part of your body, don’t scratch them.

The more you scratch, the more histamine you’re getting everywhere, the more they will itch.

I’ve had this for over 2 years because of a hyperactive immune system, and found out that during the really bad periods the only relief I get is from a drug called Atarax. It’s not an antihistamine, it’s actually an anesthetic. When I’m not conscious, I don’t know I itch.

You really should see a dermatologist and start eliminating possible allergens, avoid scratching and rubbing, cut down the hot water in showers and baths, and watch for when things are worst.

In my case, I found out I have a steroid allergy which is what damaged my immune system and led to the whole problem. Every time I’d take steroids, I’d be fine for a day or two and then would have an even worse rebound, so it is possible for that allergen to be anywhere.

Only other thing I can say is, I empathize.

bobkitty - I didn’t know she was watching my cam when I did that Jar Jar thing for you! It was all for you, sweetie, honest! (now see what you starting, hardy!)

Mermaid - ok, aside from me asking why the hell I rarely see you online anymore, can’t I get some nice slutty chicks to fan me instead of virgins?

Any nice slutty chicks willing to fan a bumpy itchy frog?

I’m a slutty virgin-does that count?

And you watched Exorcist II: The Heretic quite recently, didn’t you?

Hmmmmmm, I think you’ll need an old priest and a young priest.

Good point, the hives weren’t too far after watching that movie. Then last night I had to watch Crossroads starring Brittany Spears. Maybe I’m allergic to the bad movies!

And Guin sweetie, how exactly does being a slutty virgin work? I’m all confoosed now.

My mistake, I’m using perscription Allegra not Claritin. I may be looking at a new choice when this runs out.

I’d advice folks to try the allergy testing first. It does work for lots of people, and you can become allergic to something that hasn’t bothered you before in your life.

Last time I did that*, I woke up next to Jim Edmonds wearing half a Phillies Fanatic suit…was that my outside voice? Shit.

Hives are one of those rare afflictions that make you miserable, while making you oddly amusing to everybody else. I know from personal experience that those who are not immediately repulsed are laughing behind your back. Just thought I’d clue you you in. They’re laughing at you.

I used to get them pretty bad a few years ago. Turns out I’m allergic to 2 things in this world: cigarettes and guinea pigs. God help me if I ever run into a guinea pig that smokes.

Find out what’s causing them. Only then can you be free.
I will add the cost of this advice to your bill.

Meaning, I haven’t had the opportunity to be a slut.

[Dr. Nick]Holy cats man! You need booze![/Dr. Nick]

Crunchy Frog, as far as putting lotion on your back, if the offers of help don’t pan out, what about using a back scrubber? If the sponge on the end isn’t great for applying the lotion you’ve got, attach a washcloth to it and put the lotion on that. It might not be as messy as a paint roller (even the Pro Trim Paint Roller - As Seen on TV!)

Hey Crunchy, when you watched Crossroads, did you wash your hands thoroughly after handling the DVD?

Yesterday, I discovered hives on my two-year old. We’re suspecting it’s the strawberries. Will she ever be able to eat strawberries again?