Thinking about summer vacation in the MMP

Glad you got your door hung VanGo.

Sounds like you got some adulting done shoe.

Up, caffeinating with some hot tea (woke up with an upset tummy) and debating if oatmeal is too much for my belly to handle this morning. I blame the gyro I had for supper last night.

Not a whole lot shaking today except the usual Sunday chores and possibly a nap.

Stay safe and healthy y’all!

Been to Food Lion and back, then I gathered the household trash and took it to the convenience center. Once home, I emptied the dishwasher. FCD is still abed. I went back to make sure he was still breathing - he is, so it’s all good.

It’s nearly lunchtime - mainly because I had breakfast so early and I’s hongree!! I’ll attack the yard after I lunch.

Taters - I need to do some weeding, but the actual plants are so thick, weeds are hard to find! And the beds are too deep for me to just reach in - I have to stand amongst the flowers to get the evil growths. And not fall - that’s a biggie!

Back to the kitchen, then!

Ya know, I thought I was doing a not-terrible job of staying in shape with all the walking I was doing plus the little dumbbells I used. Hah. Two days in the gym, and I hurt in places I haven’t hurt in years. :frowning: And I noticed yesterday that I was the only person there who was over 30 (well over 30). Too bad, suckahs, this playground’s mine!

FCM, no clue on the dream. Who are you having to tiptoe around in real life? That’s my only clue. I like the JW letter. I used to get Mormon missionaries knocking on my door all the time. I made it clear up front that I had my own beliefs and wasn’t about to change, but then we’d have some good conversations. They’re just kids, really, and a long way from home, with only two phone calls to Mom per year. And they were very sweet and offered to help me with moving or yard work.

The national teachers’ motto.

I’ve gotten a couple of those. Now that I know the return address, any further missives will go straight into the trash, unopened. I thought about telling them to take me off their mailing list, but what the heck – if they want to waste time and money like that, who am I to tell them “No”?

67 and fair out; high 70, low 51, with a 30% chance of thorms this afternoon and evening. Yippee. No plans for the day except to finish the current book and start on the next. :slight_smile:

[Sigmund Fraud]Ze hole reprezents your fear of coasterless drinks at zocial gatherings.[/Sigmund Fraud]

Seeding and watering is done. I also drove FCD to Wendy’s and back so he could get a taco salad. When did they stop serving the taco salad in a tortilla bowl?? He was not impressed.

Chillage shall ensue till I throw together some salads for supper. I may devil a few eggs, too.

Afternoon all. Nappage and Mowage have been completed (didn’t bag the grass today, just mulched it, see if that helps green it up), so Bathage is due shortly. Then still have to determine the location for the evening’s dining. Got to play with the neighbor’s two dogs (small labradoodles) for a bit and checked in on neighbors (are doing well). Internettin’ and Readin’ will occupy most of the evening along with my normal Sunday Sudoku.

nellie, just from the walking, I imagine you’re in the top 5% for people your age (I know damn well you could outwalk me), And the hurting will go away as you keep working at it…or at least tell yourself that…

OW, apology accepted of course, I make those type of mistakes all the time…just didn’t want to encourage some of the characters here…

BBBoo, looking forward to hearing how the play date with Harriet went…

shoe, hope the trainee does well. I have full confidence in the trainer.

And now need to start filling the bathtub for bathage. All y’all take care, and if I don’t get back with a late-night final, catch you on the next MMP

i think sometime around the 2nd time it left and came back … A lot of places around here dropped the tortilla bowl all of a sudden and just put tortilla strips as a topping or occasionally mixed in

Me too, now.

Just got back from getting the nails prettified. Between that and finding a Taco Bell that had the dining room open so we could eat there like (at least somewhat) civilized human beings made for a good day. Since CrunchWraps do not travel well, I hadn’t had one in ages.

Got a timeline for an infusion of money from MIL’s estate that will vastly reduce my stress level. Yes, I’m going to be a grownup about that and throw it all at debt. We still wouldn’t be able to make it on just DH’s income, but if Hades Annex does fold, we’d be in a manageable position between that and unemployment.

Frankly, some of us are surprised that the place endured past the end of the month. We’ve lost about 1/3 of the agents so far in 2021, with a hiring freeze in effect (this concerns the nice HR guy). Of the survivors, we probably have about 25-30% absent on a given day and it’s still pretty slow on call volume (I’m thinking calls are migrating toward other sites and WFH agents). Without going into too much detail, one big thing we handle is prepaid card used for several states’ UI/SDI/PFL, and we’re shedding states lately :(.

Mooooooooom, the JWs, Mormons and other evangelical Christians began doing that around here during the pandemic. I can toss the ones that come in my mailbox, but the ones left on my door, I find the contact info and send an email letting them know, bobbio style, that if the members of their organization are either too illiterate to read the large posted sign at the front of the complex prohibiting that sort of activity or too arrogant to abide by it, they were not any kind of organization that I wanted to be affiliated with. It rarely happens, but once in a while, a group does.

As far as the tortilla bowls, one of my favorite BBQ places used to do a barbeque salad in one (smoked turkey, lettuce, tomatoes, baked beans, cheddar and a mayo-BBQ sauce dressing that was to die for. Then, they went from the bowl to just serving cornbread on the side. According to one server who I asked, they couldn’t get the tortillas that made good bowls anymore. The salad was never the same.

nellie, you are in far better shape than I am, even without going to the gym.

seanette, does California offer retraining or education to upgrade your job skills when you become unemployed? I actually took advantage of Tennessee’s program and upgraded my MS Office skills the last time I collected UI. It may actually be a good thing from your perspective; an opportunity to search for a sane irkplace with the skills to do so.

Sunday chores are done and supper fixed and et (salmon patties, steamed broccoli and colomorbus for those who are curious). Once KP is done, I’ll mess around in the studio for a while.

They might. One potential challenge is being over 50. Might have to see if CA has any additional job-seeking help for people my age. Please note I have no definite word that this is for-sure happening, but I’m keeping an eye out for rattie-size lifejackets and rafts. When the HR guy sat down near me in the breakroom recently and was talking about what he would do if Hades Annex folds, it seemed to me like he might have been dropping a hint or two.

Okay, that was funny. Well played, sir.

Awww. Thanks. :slight_smile:

She did really well. I think the only hitch at this point may be her personal schedule (child care issues, etc.) interfering with how much she can be scheduled.
But she learns quickly and is not lazy, is fairly quiet & gets along with the others … and we have some, ah, quirky team members who can be off-putting … so she gets a thumbs-up from me.

Me, too. Sundays I’m off early enough to pick up a proper dinner to go from Some Nicer Place (e.g. better than Taco Bell) and I don’t remember who around here mentions Texas Roadhouse a lot, but someone at work brought them up today, too & said they were good, and now I think that may be what shall happen.

metal mouse eats there a lot … I dont think we have them in my part of ca tho … have to check …

wow that was a turn around from "i might ditch this place to "this place might ditch everyone "

Getting to the “who’s going to pull the string first?” point, it seems. I’m scheduled for my second dose vaccination the 15th. I may well take that entire week under California’s mandated paid sick leave for vaccination-related symptoms (I have 64 hours of my allotted 80 still available, and if some of us are reading straight, we can’t get hit for attendance penalties for using this) and hope to be at least functional enough during that time to start putting out applications.

Howdy Y’all! Been a pretty chill day here. We deheathenated, had N.O,L. (I brought one of my poke chops, some fried okra, and a piece of cornbread back to da cave and consumed that for sup), achieved nappage, futzed around, and I hauled the biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig trash can all the way down to the road for pickup tomorrow. Now I am back to chill time.

Catch Y’all in the new MMP!

I don’t mention them a lot but I have never had a bad meal from there. The fresh rolls are to die for! They try hard to make sure you leave happy.

My state (NE) has a special division in our Job Works for older workers and I’ve used it. Some employers want tried and true workers who will show up. I think the state cuts the employer a wee tax break for hiring, ahem, us old farts.

shoe - we like Texas Roadhouse. I often get the salmon but I’ve also had the sirloin. Their yeast rolls and cinnamon honey butter are drool-worthy! I say go for it.

Supper was a big salad and deviled eggs. And I changed the sheets on our bed at my sweetie’s request. Thus endeth the weekend. I have the RoxStar all week and I got tickets to the marine museum for Weds.

But now I think I need to crash. Someone else needs to start us tomorrow - I took the last 3 weeks. Be the first to volunteer. It’s 3 hours from Moanday here on the east coast. That will count!

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Apartment is cleaned, windows were open, and nappage ensued. Sipping a Negroni.

Well, if you put out a hip-hop album, you’d be The_Stainless_Steel_Rap
Thanks, I’m here all week, tip the veal.