This topic needs some attention ( clear out the old stuff)

I considered offering some neat stuff in here. But looking at the very old dates, I changed my mind, assuming no one bothers to read here anymore.
How about ‘clearing out the shelves’ ??

Our old software was set up so that members could pay to help support the site. In addition to the knowledge that they helped keep the site running, paying members would not be served ads, and also had posting privileges here in the Marketplace forum/category. When we switched to new software in 2020, we lost our payment system, and to date, nothing has been set up to replace it. That kinda leaves the Marketplace in a bit of limbo.

Any post on the Straight Dope Message Board remains here forever. We do not delete posts. This applies to all categories/forums here. We do not ever “clear out the shelves” here in the Marketplace, but we do close threads on request once an item has been sold.

The Marketplace has never been used all that much, but like I said, it was originally set up as just a little benefit to reward our members who helped to support our site.

OK, thanks for the clarification…