This winter sucks and it won't quit

It was cool here last night. As i drove to work this morning, there was actually a light dusting of snow on the taller peaks north-east of San Diego.

It s frigid 61 degrees here today. :slight_smile:

I guess we’ll hear about the mudslide about midweek then.

I know you think you’re being funny, but late February is not the time. For the record, March is not the time either. People’s fuses are about >< this long come this time of year, when everyone is sick to death of winter and we still have at least a month (and our snowiest one, too) left to go. Don’t make me hunt you down, man.

We were just shorter. :slight_smile:

All the weight of six inches of water without the convenient running down the damned sewer drains.

Agreed. When we who live in wintry places have dealt with snow, snow, and more snow, and below-freezing temps for four months, and our patience with winter is at its shortest, it’s not the time to be making cracks about how a “blizzard” delivered one-eighth of an inch of snow. I’d love an eighth of an inch of snow; instead, we may get a few inches tomorrow. Winter can stop any time; it’s been four months and I’m tired of it. :mad:

gonzomax,

D (my wife) and I, both trained respiratory therapists, are keeping you in our thoughts. :slight_smile:

Even though our winter isn’t as bad as yours, I hope you’ll take care of yourself and offer mine and Dondra’s aid if you have any questions as to what you can do to help yourself should you get a respiratory illness.

I am sure you already know what to do, I just wanted to let you know we are here for you to do anything we can if you need us. Even if it IS long-distance. :slight_smile:

Best wishes,

Quasi

Not in San Diego. LA gets the mudslides. We get fires, i guess.

I actually miss the east coast winters. My wife and i were lamenting today that we weren’t still living in Baltimore this winter, because we love the snow, and it’s been snowing in Baltimore again today.

We get mudslides AND fires! But no snow, never snow :wink:

The snow from the storm a month or so ago had *finally *melted here in Baltimore… and now I’ve got another five inches to shovel. I’m kind of putting it off- can’t bring myself to go out and do it again. I really should’ve bought that snowblower.

No problem. I heard about this one guy whose heart grew three sizes some harsh winter ago, and he couldn’t have been better.

Here I had been complaining that our snowpack was suboptimal for cross-country skiing, and my complaints were answered!

13" of nice, heavy snow (you know, the heart attack kind) to shovel yesterday morning. So we got up at 5 a.m. and shoveled out the driveway and sidewalk-- lots of good, aerobic exercise. When we returned home after work the plow and been through, so we were lucky enough to be able to work up an appetite for dinner by shoveling through the 3 foot tall frozen, compacted snow pile that blocked the driveway, plus then shoveled up the 2-3" of snow that had fallen during the day.

I woke up this morning to find more snow has fallen, which we’ll have to shovel before going to work.

Only two more months of winter to enjoy – another day in paradise! (Must keep manic smile on face!)

I lived in the Bay Area for five years, and complained about the weather there – the tyranny of perfection. No chance of that in Minnesota.

Yeah, this winter is so different from all the others that it seems normal.

I’m in Vermont.

I win. Lose? Win. No, definitely lose.

We got your fronts this winter, some of the coldest I can remember. In return, we’re sending you our rears. I weed n’ feeded yesterday and the trees buds are full and just about to flower. Be patient, it’s headed your way.

We watch the jet stream to see when some warmer weather is supposed to show up, and sometimes I swear it takes the shape of a middle finger right NEXT to Calgary - like it’s going out of its way to avoid us. Bastard jet stream.

It could be worse. My brother lived in NYC . They have had a few deep snow storms that skirted us. If we had those ones too, I would be really pissed.

Last year, in March, we got about 1/2 an inch of snow here in Busan. The city closed all the schools for a snow day. So, you can probably imagine what happened last week when we got almost 5 inches of snow! The public schools were already closed, though, for their winter break.

I hate to rub it in, but it’s going to be 55-60 here today, winds calm, sunny and clear. I might have to play hooky and go golfing or something…maybe go to the park.

-XT

The weather guy on KGO (San Francisco) this morning said we might have snow at sea level later in the week. I’m really looking forward to that. (no, not really)

We’re having March weather in February here. Sunny and 50 one day, snow melting. The next day, a blizzard and temperatures in the single digits. I have no appointments to go to this week except for Friday, and the weather forecast: Tuesday, sunny. Wednesday, sunny. Thursday, sunny and warm. FRIDAY: SNOW. (no mention if it’s a sprinkling or a shitload coming down.) Saturday, sunny. Sunday, sunny and warm.

I have never, in my life, shovelled so much snow off the driveway, as I have this year. Even with a snowthrower, I still have to go out there almost every day and clear at least the upper half, huffing and puffing, with a shovel. We can ram through the heavy stuff at the bottom, but the driveway is steep, and it needs to be clear at the top so the tires can grip onto the asphalt.

We got 3 or 4 inches last night, too. And it was 60 degrees on Friday. This winter is never going to end, and I’ve been randomly cursing the groundhog. Not that it’s his fault, but he predicted whatever he predicted (I think an early spring) and then went back to sleep for another month in his warm hole. Little bastard.

It was also 18 degrees last night.

I feel sorry for the Southerners. When it snows here, the plows are out immediately (mostly), there’s salt on the roads and salt for sale everywhere, there’s all kinds of prep. I lived in Tennessee and it totally sucks eggs when you are completely unprepared for snow. I also lived in Michigan, and I prefer to stick with NY weather, thank you.

I feel like we get a winter like this - this bad - every 10 years or so. Maybe every 8 years.