Three Testicles!!!

Nope, Solihull, UK,

There once was a man from Solihull
Who thought a mere pair of bollocks dull
“It’s better you see
To possess at least three
But seven or eight sounds uncomf’ta-bul!”

[sup]OK, YOU try coming up with a decent rhyme of ‘Solihull’![/sup]

Any man, the instant he notices any difference in his testicles from the way they should be, should immediately go see a doctor. HIs family doctor will presumably refer him to an urologist. Anything more or less than two testicles or any hardness in the testicles or anything else in the scrotal sack should be noticed immediately and require a visit to the doctor. It may be nothing important, but it may well be something that has to be taken care of immediately. There’s no excuse for an undescended testicle not getting noticed for several years after birth, as sometimes happens, and there’s no excuse for someone ignoring the existence of a third testicle, or whatever it really is. Your boyfriend should have long ago gone to the doctor and asked, “What’s this third small thing in my scrotal sack?” Something that’s been there so long is unlikely to be cancer, but that’s no reason not to go to the doctor. You know, there’s a simple answer to all the medical questions that come up on the SDMB. If you have any odd symptoms at all that you wonder if you should go to the doctor about, the answer is “Yes. Go to the doctor immediately. Don’t waste your time posting.”

An evolutionary throwback to the Triassic.

Maybe I should have gone with the ‘bag of assorted nuts’ jokes, or a Goldilocks theme? What do you think?

Ready for some TMI?

I have a third ball. It’s really more like a clumped mass of veins. Every doctor that has asked me to turn and cough gets a little confused. They usually think it’s a torsion (ouch!) or a hernia. I tell them it’s been there for as long as I can remember, and they let it drop (no pun intended). One doctor did ask if I minded if he brought his intern over. I never knew it was so rare that only 75 cases have been reported. I guess I need to go young aspiring docs, instead of old docs that have seen everything, and aren’t suprised by anything new.

It doesn’t hurt. It doesn’t have much for nerve endings really at all, so it’s not sensative. Do I need to start an “Ask the guy with a third ball” thread?