Time to celebrate Straight Dope February birthdays! :)

Well, it’s that time again… a new month means new monthly birthdays to celebrate! I hope all the February babies have a great birthday and year, and that you have health / happiness blessings / peace this year.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EVERYONE!!!

Approximate Phonetic Chinese Version of “Happy Birthday”: (thanks, Nathan!)

“Guung juuk nay fook sow yuen teen tsai, hing hong nay sun sun fie lok. Leen leen doe yao gum yut, suuy doe yao gum jzew, guung hay nay! Guung hay nay!!!”

Approximate English Translation of Above:

“Congrats on this good day of fortune, where we can all gather together. Wishing you a very happy birthday. Every year, this wondrous day arrives; Always, this wondrous time comes. Congratulations! Congratulations!”
Here’s the list… it would have been much shorter, but luckily I was able to access last year’s thread. My friends Chrystal and Emily have my stuff [which includes the birthday list notebook] in the trunk of their car… I should have it back by tomorrow, though. :slight_smile:

Anyone whose birthday is on the 16[sup]th[/sup], you share it with my extremely loud and hyper sister… consider yourselves forewarned. :wink:

Any leap year birthday people out there? Feb. 29 people… come on out, because this is your year! :smiley:
El Elvis Rojo
percypercy
Blue Curls
LolaCocaCola
Happy Lendervedder
Narrad
Cougarfang
OpalCat
TubaDiva
Mullinator
Silver_Fire
thinksnow
Superdude
Skulldigger
bean_shadow
Tranquilis
Grace
Jonathan Chance
monica
Jimmy Quasar
Rabid Child
NinetyWt
Coldfire
Lodrain
Craneop2
Flowerchild
MentalGuy
dogbutler
Mona Lott
Merla
zoogirl
Mirrored Indigo Shadows
ultress
An Arky (I just got your username now… :smack: )
Hugh Jass
Francesca
Eats_Crayons
Dread Pirate Jimbo
Little Bird
Mockingbird
dwc1970
Ladydisco
lachesis
roadrunner70
romansperson
Politzania
Dooku
GIGObuster
SylverOne
JonScribe
Casey1505
Pantellerite

Hope you all have a good birthday, and a great year to come! :slight_smile:

F_X

I think there’s been another namechange, Flami. Narrad is now Jervoise.

Happy Birthday to the February Dopers! :slight_smile:

True, and I knew it too… but I was going off the old list. Didn’t think of name changes at the time. Sorry about that, Jervoise. No offense meant. :slight_smile:

Hey, add me to the list! Mine is on the 12th. Thanks for your birthday greetings.
Pablito

Happy Birthday!!

::raises hand: Me too!, me too!

I’ll be 25 on the 4th :wink:

(To the tune of “Tomorrow”)

*Oh, my birthday will beeeee on Tuesday
Bet yer bottom dollar than on Tuesday
I’ll be old

Just thinkin’ aboooooout this Tuesday
Makes me wrinkle up and my hair turn grey
'Cause I’m old

On Tuesday! On Tuesday!
I’ll be old, on thirtytwosday!
It’s only two days away!

Everyone!

On Tuesday! On Tuesday!
Crayons is old, on thirtytwosday
It’s only two daaaaaaays aaaaaaaaaawaaaaaaaaay!*

mine’s on the 12th too :slight_smile:

Ooo! Oooooo!! Mememememe too!! :cool:

2/7/1968

Waitaminute…isn’t the male life expectancy 72? 72 divided by 2 = 36?? But…but…I’ll be 36 next weekend! :eek: That means it’s halfway over! I can’t be middle aged!! :frowning:

Hey, add me for Groundhog Day…

Thanks for the “Happy Birthday”

Ahem! Don’t forget about me. After all, I’ve been a member longer that just about everybody.

My birthday is February 19th.

E3

Thirty two is old??..Thirty two is OLD?? Thirty two is old??

I must be ancient at fifty four!!!

Thank you Flamsterette_X!

I wish a happy birthday too to:
TubaDiva, Coldfire and specially:

** OpalCat **! **ö **

I’m on the 17th. I won’t name how many candles, though. :slight_smile:

OOPS!! I forgot!

THANKS for remembering our birthdaysFlamester!(Mine is on the 25th).

When ya get to be MY age, celebrating birthdays don’t matter much.

But when you consider the alternative…HMMM

Happy Birthday, all you Aquarians and Pisceans. A special hubby birthday to Dread Pirate Jimbo!

Yup, if you are female, you are officially over-the-hill the very first time that someone calls you called “Ma’am.”

Doesn’t matter if you’re only 20. If someone calls you “Ma’am” your psyche is irrevocably damaged and you are officially “old.”

EatsCrayons, you snuck your post in on mine!
Yes, you are officially old once someone calls you ma’am; the only thing worse is checking out a hot young stud and have him call you ma’am. :eek: You might as well just start wearing mu-mus and die your hair blue at that point.

I’m on the 22nd.

I’m working on my masters’ degree in library science. I get called ma’am ALL THE TIME. :mad:

There is however an antidote to the dreaded four letter word that instantly ages you prematurely by no less than 120 years…

To reverse the aging process of “ma’am” you must attempt to buy alcohol and have the clerk or bartender say:

“Can I see some ID, please?”