To people who don't "get" rants (ahem, obfusciatrist)

I suspect that you are incapable of recognizing same.

Thanks for your support; your check’s in the mail.:wink:

obfusciatrist clarified this above:

It’s irrelevant if I agree or disagree, but I am certainly saying that he has a right to post his opinion.

Waverly, let’s take this real…slow…O.K.?

You just quoted some comments that disagree with my point. As I have said twice now, I DON’T OBJECT TO SUCH COMMENTS. I don’t object, as in not objecting, verstehen sie?

Now, slowly scroll up the page until you get to my original post. Read the quote from obfusciatrist. See where it says “You’re just pissed because someone had the inconsiderate nerve to not plan their day around you. You might want to work on getting used to that.” THAT is what I am objecting too. He is not disagreeing with me in any coherent way, he is simply saying, in effect “deal with it”. Such comments are devoid of worthwhile content, and completely miss the fact that not only did I deal with it, I survived the ordeal as well. It misses the obvious exaggeration of my rant, and treats it as if I had actually been furious at the guy in the store, which couldn’t be further from the truth.

And it’s indicative of an epidemic of such posts in the BBQ Pit. And I am calling out all you dorks who mechanically and mindlessly post “Just deal with it” type comments in EVERY BBQ Pit thread. Yes, you have every right to post such comments, just as I have every right to tell you that you are acting retarded.

“Well, I may be retarded, but in the morning, you’ll be sober.”

No, wait …

“Well, I may be drunk, but in the morning, you’ll be on line at Gelson’s.”

No, that’s not it either …

"Well, I may be … "

Ah, hell. I’ll get back to you.

Yes, I understand. You can deal with criticism – just not a certain type of criticism you are trying to invent a definition for. Everyone gets your rant. I saw obfusciatrist say so, and personally think the old ‘check in the checkout line’ gag has been spoofed to the point of cliché. Seinfeld does it better than you, by the way.

Why don’t you just broaden your admirable acceptance of criticism to include whatever special case you seem to be making here? Surely an easy going guy like you can do that.

I’m not clear. Are you calling me out? Because if that is the case, I’d respectfully, and quite understandably, ask you to demonstrate where I have treated people unfairly.

Blowero,

“You suck”, “You’re wrong”, “You’re an asshole”.

Damn, you’re right - this is fun!

Don’t give up now, Blowero! I’ve already cited this thread in another post!

Alas, the targets of your particular brand of humor fail to catch it and instead attack its viceroy with hayforks of logic (which has always been ill-suited with humor analysis).
Carry on.

Hmmm…I’m pretty sure I wasn’t trying to compare myself favorably to Jerry Seinfeld. I realize that my routine is not quite as polished as a guy who has made millions and millions of dollars as a professional comedian. But hey, thanks for pointing out the extremely obvious, asshole.

Just curious, when you saw Seinfeld do that routine, did you yell out “Hey, Jerry - you’re just mad about nothing; why don’t you work on getting used to that.”? Do you think that would have been a clever retort? Because I’m thinking it’s pretty idiotic.

You really are a fucking moron, aren’t you?

Wow! Only your sixth post, and you wasted it on that?:rolleyes:

blowero, are you saying you are the pit’s official comedian and you don’t want to be heckled? Even if the pit did need an official comedian, why wouldn’t we rate the best? I’d want one better than Sienfeld, and by your own admission you don’t compare. You suck. Get off the stage.

>>>>TWEEEEEEEEEET<<<<

Logic foul! Waverly raised and attacked the strawman of “pit’s official comedian” in the absence of stated facts to that effect or admitted aspirations by the blowero to that effect.

10 post count penalty.

You can add me to the list Waverly. Well said.

Uh, it says right on the door: *If you gotta flame, do it here. * I would think MPSIMS would be more appropriate for humorous rants about relatively trivial things, since it, by title and definition, is the place for pointless stuff.

He does say he has a “routine”, he does abhor hecklers, and I did phrase it as a question, not a conclusion…

However, I’ll take that 10 post penalty. I can think of a few things I wish stricken from my record.

Have you been to the supermarket lately? [pan across the Laff-Shack crowd, overly-enthusiastic chuckles, one or two guffaws]

I mean, what is the deal with orange juice, anyway? You got your high-pulp, your no-pulp, your calcium-enriched, not-from-concentrate, frozen, fresh-squeezed… [sparse chortles]

Now I know why NASA uses Tang. Those guys on the Space Station would never get through breakfast. [bass lick, uniform laughter]

Houston, we have a problem. [cut to commercial]

See, I don’t get where blowero is asking not to be heckled. It seems to me he’d be happy to be heckled, if done right. If you wanna heckle him and say his rant is weak, been done, a pale imitation of Seinfeld, or utterly devoid of wit, eloquence, or any trace of those things that make life worth living, I’m sure blowero would take the witty repartee in stride and fine spirits. But, weak as blowero’s overdone, bland rant is, to heckle him with ``It’s not really that big a deal’’, is even lamer. So you get re-pitted for lameness in tearing apart the previous pitting. Seems pretty fair, all 'round.

Matchka, viking, and others, I thank you for getting the point.

Waverly - well…keep trying.

Now, Mr. B’s act might be worth a buck or two. Pass the hat around.

blowero, let me put it more plainly: you are a bland, unfunny, petty whiner. Which is all fine. There are several of you sulking around the pit. What makes you particularly irksome is your false claim of accepting criticism. What you have done here is 1)sought to define a special type of criticism that ought to be off limits. 2)falsely described this as criticism as evidence of ‘not getting it’ when we clearly get it, we just think it is drek. If you accepted criticism with the grace you pretend to, we wouldn’t be here.

So are you the board comedian or not? Prefer the title performance artist? Please expand on your comment that you have a routine.

“Wasted” how? Because it wasn’t significant? Or (worse) because it wasn’t funny? Neither failing seems to have stopped you from posting.

Thank you – I’ll be here all week!