Tomndebb steps down

Thank you for a mostly thankless job.

Wow, this 2020 just keeps throwing curves.
Congrats on the being able to put your jackboots up and thanks for all you’ve done.

Thank you Tomndebb. You’ve earned a break.

<ducks head out>

I’m not sure I know how to live in a world without Tomndebb as a moderator. Thanks for the long years of service!

<back into hiding>

tom, sorry to see you hang up the truncheon. It’s been a pleasure working with you.

It also makes me realize that everyone who was on the moderation staff when I became a mod is now retired or gone…

Thanks for all of the work you’ve done over the years. It’s been good working with you.

Congratulations Tomndebb. Enjoy your retirement, frolicking freely around the fora.

Well, congratulations, I reckon. It was an honor to have served with you, back in the day. And I certainly hope you do stick around as a poster.

Thank you for all your work on our behalf. I look forward to seeing you around the place.

After 15 years you should be bestowed the title “Honorary Mod” with the power to insta-ban at your discretion without due cause.

With great power comes great irresponsibility. I vote yes.

Since his profile shows no activity since the OP and still shows his ModBadge, I can only reasonably conclude that he is now a double-secret Mod and does have that power.

Secret mods are tough to contend with. Double-secret mods (DSM’s) are a whole nother kettle of fish! DSM’s engage in cloak & dagger methodology and are always named “Snidely.”

We have our work cut out for us, fellas!

At the risk of outing policy, I think that by declining to exercise my instaban powers (until such time as it may be necessary) I am simply demonstrating the discretion that we DSMs typically display.
Tom~