Trading Spaces 6/7, or: Getting the jump on Ivylass

I really didn’t care for Edward’s room. Too brown and yellow; it seemed very '70s.

The Buddha painting he did wasn’t very good and looked like a bad artpiece bought at a garage sale. Maybe it was just the way it filmed, but the right window treatment looked like it had been cut very unevenly.

Floating the nightstands is a cute idea, but it means that they will have to repain the room if they ever decide to rearrange the furniture (since the paint will fade differently). And finally, the headboard was nice to look at, but I wouldn’t actually want to be leaning against it.

The other room was mostly fine. I liked the shelves and the floor is good for as long as it lasts.

This was the first episode of Trading Spaces I’d ever seen, and could very well be the last. We saw it at a friend’s house and don’t have cable of our own. But it is one of those shows that even non-TV people hear about and it was fun to watch.

The For Better or Worse wedding show that followed, though, was completely unwatchable. I can’t understand people that get into weddings (mine was a $300 in Reno job). Therefore I really can’t understand people who think it important to have a nice wedding but are still willing to make a gamble of it.

Well, she did, but only insofar as she said, “Hey Amy Wynn, maybe after you’re done fixing the piano leg you’ll have time to re-tune it, too. Ha ha!” So here’s hoping the show did pay for the tuning.

Like everyone else, I was shocked at how much I liked Hildi’s room. I’d keep it. Edwards… not so much. It was fine, and certainly a vast improvement over the old one, but definitely not to my taste.

Gen was incredibly giggly in the London episode, and the woman whose room she redid was kind of a bitch. I was a little glad that she didn’t like the room very much (although all her complaints seemed to be about things that would take two seconds to change, like the mirror).

I noticed during the pre-reveal interview Paige mentioned that Hildy was “a bit” over but then quickly dropped the subject. I wonder if they had the piano retuned, added it to her budget but then sorta ate the difference because it was sort of an “act of god” situation, lol.

I’d say the opposite. While Hildi’s room wan’t horrible, I thought it looked surprisingly the same but with less crap in it. All while Edward was doing his room I kept thinking “I just don’t see this coming together.” But at the end when it did I was pleasantly surprised. The theme and color scheme aren’t really my taste but it was executed so well it wasn’t horrifying like some other rooms have been. coughKIAcough