Treasure Hunters 7/17

There could have been one mask at the center, and then another at each of the points.

Didn’t she also start out by saying that he should dig deep but not wide, then change and tell him he should spread out and not go deep?

WhatEVER. Stomp. Sigh.

That’s just adorable. I didn’t think anyone said that outside of a Ma & Pa Kettle movie.

:wink:

Were Ma & Pa Kettle Pennsylvania Dutch? Because I am, and that’s my problem. I even know what the word is, and I still say it wrong. It’s sad, really, and it’s probably part of the reason why I had to give up a lucrative career in broadcast journalism for … whatever the hell it is that I do for a living these days. Le sigh.

Hmmm… I grew up learning–while tromping through woods and pastures following Dad or Grandpa–that a creek and a crick are two different things.

This article by one of my favorite humorists explains the difference pretty well.

I can somewhat sympathize with Kayte, because I did do a five day hike when I was in worse shape than I am now and was a complete and utter whiny bitch about it too. Pretty much like her, only I like to think I wasn’t quite so bad. (Bad, but not as bad as she.)

I’d like to think I’d be holding up better than she at the moment if our places were reversed though.

My goodness girl! Try to remember the camera man that’s hanging around you and that this is being broadcast on tv!

I wonder how many parents will want her as their children’s teacher after watching her be so whiny…

[QUOTE=rockle]
Were Ma & Pa Kettle Pennsylvania Dutch? QUOTE]

Taking the question at face value…they were some kind of generic hillbilly. Actually, they were characters in the movie The Egg & I, who got spun off into their own series of movies. But before that, they were characters in the book of the same name, which was a semi-factual memoir, and set in Washington state.

That article actually explains a lot. I grew up around cricks as the writer defines them, so my “ignorance” is justified.