Trolls R Us redux [Now the argument clinic]

Someone should remind him that no matter how ugly his wife is, he chose the uglier Trump over her.

Re: agzem –

I just saw someone on FB do that.

I hereby apologize for being wrong, at least in this specific insane instance.

https://scontent-atl3-1.cdninstagram.com/v/t51.2885-15/e35/p1080x1080/136066278_833136904136452_8202714969177593328_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=104&_nc_ohc=YHsprJeTrSwAX-I2aSq&tp=1&oh=18637340d5cf8d581472c7903bcbdda2&oe=6020B8D2

They’re doing more than that. They’re saying the Left, not Trump supporters, did this.

Matt Gaetz, Mo Brooks, Laura Ingraham, Sarah Palin, and probably more that I’m unaware of have all made statements blaming antifa for the violence at the Capitol.

That will get harder to sustain as shared selfies on social media start revealing the decidedly un-“antifa” backgrounds of the participants. Still, by and large the Trumpists don’t need to actually sustain their claims, they just need to make them and rely on their audience’s lack of critical thinking skills to ensure their acceptance.

Newly elected West Virginia state rep Derrick Evans(R) actually filmed himself storming the Capitol with the rest of the thugs, and posted it to his Facebook, but later took it down after perhaps realizing that wasn’t a real smart move.

That’s spectacularly dumb.

Wow.

“I want to assure you all that I did not have any negative interactions with law enforcement nor did I participate in any destruction that may have occurred,” he wrote. “I was simply there as an independent member of the media to film history.”

a.k.a. the Pete Townshend defense.

He’s now claiming he was there as “independent media”. Of course the video of him shouting “We’re in! We’re in! Derrick Evans is in the Capitol!” might be used as evidence he was not.

ETA: And I’m twenty minutes late with this and need to up my thread-skimming game!

Those are facts. Facts do not matter one iota to the Trumplicans. If they say it was Antifa, then that is what the Trumpist useful idiots will believe.

Facts? HA ha ha. Facts mean nothing to them.

Don’t Antifa types at least wear masks to obscure their faces? The schmucks yesterday seemed not to care if they were identifiable.

The wearing of a mask is a sign of weakness, because it shows you might believe that Covid exists.
So spaketh the Dear Leader.

Not only that, but contradictions mean nothing. It was antifa trying to make Trumpists look bad, and also, they totally approve of what happened, because the Trumpists showed congress what’s what. Or something.

There is no cognitive dissonance when there is no cognition…

I’m confused. Is this the troll ID thread or one on current events?

Sometimes trolls break out into meatspace.

zoster is now making a fine mess in the Labour / anti-Semitism thread.

ishamael69 is leading everyone by the nose, and lying about what I posted in this thread in Politics. The performance is almost troll art.

Classic concern trolling.