Trump *celebrates* 9/11 anniversary

Why? He said worst things in 2016 and he still got elected.

The people who put their lives on the line to help in the process … of other people losing their lives …

Did Sanders just say Trump is honoring the terrorists?

Meh. Looks like it was posted early this morning; meaning last year’s picture was still (for a few hours more) the most recent ‘celebration’ photo. If you want to get something out early, you need to go with an old picture.

…good people on both sides…

They have these new-fangled digital camera’s these days, where a picture can be posted almost immediately after it was taken - no need to wait on a darkroom.

So take a new picture, or just post without a picture.

I’m not saying it’s the greatest offense in the world. But the text of that tweet was

“Departing Washington, D.C. to attend a Flight 93 September 11th Memorial Service in Shanksville, Pennsylvania with Melania.”

alongside a picture clearly centered on President and Melania Trump. Which certainly reads, to me, as if it’s intended to be a caption for the attached picture. Rather than a description of action taking place currently accompanied for some reason by a picture from a year ago.

I believe “other people losing their lives” refers to victims other than the first responders.
I hope.

Yeah, I’m sure that what Sanders was trying to say was that we should honor the people who lost their lives in the process of trying to help other people. But she screwed it up by talking about how people lost their lives and then jumping directly to how people helped in that process. But let’s cut her some slack; it’s not like being able to clearly communicate a simple pre-scripted message is part of her job or anything.

Let’s provide some context. Pumped to see his supporters after exiting the plane.

Not that it matters. Because, you know, Trump.

Yup. The context is that Trump cares more about people fawning over him than he does about thousands of deaths.

Sure, he’s so excited to be surrounded by adoring fans who happily lap up every lie that comes out of his sewer for a mouth. In fact, that expression makes him look like the happiest kid on the short bus.

I think you can rule out a fanatical devotion to the pope.

No one thinks he’s actually fist pumping 9-11. The fact he’s fist pumping at all, and using 9-11 bask in the glory of his fawning admirers, is the problem.

Funny you should put it that way. (Not my image or account.)

Notice his fawning admirers didn’t have the slightest thought of decorum, either.

His fawners aren’t ostensibly representing all of us at a solemn occasion.

Melania had the class to wear dark blue, almost black for the occasion.

Yeah, so in that situation you give a little wave, maybe a nod of the head. Unless you’re fuckin stupid like Trump is. Then you act as though the guy on third just beat a throw at the plate. Because, you know, Trump sets new standards for stupidity, selfishness and cluelessness.

He was just arriving at the airport, right? When does the solemnity kick in, after he brushes his teeth?

(There. Defended il Douche against an unfair charge. Now, I can refer to this any time someone suggests I am biased in my judgement…)

Generally, right before the photographers show up.