Trump makes major announcement December 15. What is it? {Just digital trading cards of Trump}

How are these things non-downloadable? I can screenshot anything on my computer or phone.

I know I’m clueless, but how is any NFT worth anything?

At least with a Pet Rock, you got to keep the rock.

I don’t claim to be an expert, but I’ll quote another aphorism:

The market knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.

NFTs may have no instrinsic value. But that doesn’t prevent them having a price if somebody somewhere values what they represent. Or at least if somebody somewhere thinks they can resell it for more later than they will pay for it now, it will have a price now.

It’s like a futures contract on some tulip bulbs for delivery next April.

And said file can be deleted by the owner of said computer.

Or when the “dump” portion of the pump n dump scheme is underway, they can just stop paying for the server space. And the NFT vanishes like dust in the wind.

An NFT is an Idiot License.

If someone was smart they’d start selling really nice NFTs of tulips . . . the rubes would never get (that they are) the joke.

Tulips. I’ve heard a lot of derogatory terms for a certain disgraced former real estate entertainer turned treasonous traitor. But I’ve never heard him called a tulip.

In other words, an extraordinary popular delusion and the madness of crowds.

Tulips it is!! Why not? Need some new ones. And there are orange tulips. :sunglasses:

NFTs Explained

NFTs have got to be one of the stupidest ways imaginable for idiots to throw their money away. It’s no wonder that both the Orange Menace and his Slovenian sidekick have gotten into the grifting side of it, the Orange Menace hitting a new low by peddling an NFT “product” of such comical proportions that, as they say, you can’t make this shit up. The fact that some may actually profit from the reseller market is not a testament to any value whatsoever in this crap, but a testament to the abyss into which our societal values have sunk. Although I wouldn’t be surprised if this whole scam collapses in short order.

My son was once into this sort of thing, the differences being that (a) the product in question was Pokemon cards, (b) the product was at least tangible and contained in a card album that one could browse and display, and, most importantly of all, (c) he was eight years old at the time. I really need to stress that last part.

This. When they started, I remember typing out on Facebook what started as a real question – “Am I an idiot? Can someone explain this to me?” – and literally as I typed, I realized who the idiots were, and changed the posting accordingly.

I saw someone (maybe here?) suggest starting a cryptocurrency called the Dunning-Kruggeraand.

Trump being mentally about six years old explains a lot about this project, though we’re still left with the question of why he included his Stupendous Man and Spaceman Spiff alter egos but omitted Tracer Bullet. Perhaps he thought that the inclusion of a (sorta) law enforcer might be triggering to some of his supporters.

The website says that of the 45,000 cards only 44,000 will be sold on the site so you can bet that the “good” ones are all among those remaining 1,000.

Previous thread on topic reaching same conclusion:

On another forum, they reposted a piece from some Trumper who bought 45 of them - to the tune of almost $6000- thinking he could print and frame them at 8”x10” and use them to decorate his AirBNB rental.

But the files he got were way to small to print, and those grifting liars promised him that they would soon be replaced with bigger files.

I pointed out that if one actually wanted to turn their short term rental unit into a hellscape ( can you imagine checking into an AirBnB and finding the walls plastered with 45 pictures of Trump looking powerful? ), it would be trivially easy to select the cards you wanted on the secondary site, expand them to full screen size and print the screenshots, they aren’t even watermarked. Idiot didn’t even have to spend a dime.

I prefer a fictional psychopathic superhero to Trump every time. Even though they’re so similar.