Trumptilla in your area?

There is supposed to be a pro-Trump boat parade in the local waterways today. My staunch Trumper marina neighbor claims 800 boats are supposed to be in it. I don’t know what he has in that cigar he’s always smoking but I think he has one or two too many zeros there.Trump flags are common place at local marinas. The bigger the boat, the more likely a flag. I did see the first Dump Trump flag the other day and people passing that boat were sounding their horns and giving a thumbs up. I suspect they didn’t realize what the flag said and only saw “Trump” before reacting. But who knows, maybe the tide is turning. (Pun intended)

Ooops. Maybe wrong forum. Mods - feel free to move it

We live in a very pro-Trump county full of watermen and recreational boaters. I heard nothing about a Trumptilla around here, tho we sold our boat a decade ago so we’re outside of that community.

I live on the Intracoastal Waterway here in SoFL.

We had a trumptilla go by a couple weekends ago. Lots of loud music, continuous boat horns and big flags flying. In general it was a shit-storm of obnoxious look-at-me selfishness. Given the Florida populace’s normal amount of obnoxious look-at-me selfishness, it takes some major effort to really stand out. These folks stood out bunches.

Every day we see a few boats flying trump flags. Haven’t seen/heard anything specific this weekend.

C.W. McCall this might be your best chance for a second hit song, Convoy Trumptilla!
CMC

I feel for the poor Trump voters who can’t afford boats. Especially fancy boats with horns and stereos. Out there in their front yards, honking their car horns while the neighbors wonder WTF.

Well, it happened. It was pretty much as LSLGuy described. I counted about 80 boats but then stopped as we were motoring to meet friends in the parade. I’d estimate that there were about 125 boats +/- and innumerable jet skis. I noted that the few Biden flags that were hanging from houses the day before were nowhere to be seen. I guess for the same reason i wouldn’t fly one from my boat. Why invite abuse? Our friends had both an American flag and a Trump flag. They gave us the American flag as we accompanied them on a shortcut to head the parade off, anchor and watch the parade yet again.I almost refused the American flag but then said, “Fuck it. This flag isn’t a Trump flag and they can’t appropriate to their side.” Anyone who saw me would surely assume I was a Trump supporter (and rightly so, since I was near the big show). This is a big problem for non-Trumpers, IMHO. They/we have allowed him and his ilk take ownership of our national flag. The dems need to make the stars and stripes more prevalent at their own rallies. This country was founded on the idea that all-powerful kings are a bad idea yet people wrap themselves in our flag an pledge allegiance to The Great Trumpkin.

I just read somewhere that the Trump enthusiasm factor is over-rated. As much as I hate to admit it, the showing was pretty impressive. I’ve not seen or heard of dems getting as wound up as this. In any case, New Jerseys electoral votes are safe, flotilla or not. I tell my Trumper friends that people like me are “Just Biden our time”. I’m pretty sure they don’t get it.

No Trumptilla here on the Big Island, though obviously there should be plenty of opportunities since we’re surrounded by water.

There was, however, a small but enthusiastic group of Trumpians waving signs along the road a couple of days ago. Three of us were in the car as I drove by, and without a word or any advance planning, all three of us flipped the bird at them. I’m a little ashamed - promoting divisiveness and content-free hostility is not my idea of what patriotism and democracy are all about - but at the same time, it was pretty funny that all three of us automatically responded the same way.

ETA: one has to wonder if our very own Mangosteen was among them. He lives nearby, at least sometimes (I’m not clear on whether he lives on island full time or just sporadically) and I believe is a Trump fan.