Truth and Reconciliation Committee (JFK, MLK, etc)

Sixty prominent citizens are marking Martin Luther King Jr. Day by calling for new investigations into the assassinations of 4 men – assassinations that changed the world – John F. Kennedy, Robert F. Kennedy, Martin Luther King Jr. and Malcolm X.

The group – The Truth and Reconciliation Committee (TRC) – believes all 4 assassinations were the result of conspiracies that were covered up by the government.

Members of TRC include Mort Sahl, Oliver Stone, Alec Baldwin, Martin Sheen, Rob Reiner, David Crosby, Pentagon Papers whistleblower Daniel Ellsberg, Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Kathleen Kennedy Townsend and MLK’s nephew Isaac Newton Farris Jr.

Yes, that is a thing that is happening.

Being as you posted this in this forum, I’m assuming you have some strong feelings about this. What are they?

Personally (to get things rolling) I think it’s a dumb idea. These people aren’t looking for truth. They’re looking for vindication of their false beliefs.

And why didn’t they invite Richard Belzer? His feelings are going to be hurt.

You lost me at David Crosby.

Seriously? Why should any one care what he thinks about such things?

RFK Jr is an anti vaxxer, why would anyone listen to him?

Between them they ought to be able to provide all necessary funding for this endeavour, plus I feel it’s good busy work for these types, and if it makes them happy, what’s the harm? So…shrug…?

1. Why did you post this in the Pit?
  2. Do you have anything to say about the subject?

Mort Sahl is still alive?

The OP is a Mort Sahl fan.

This is bogus. The Truth and Reconciliation Committee (Commission) is actually a South African investigation established after apartheid.

Oh sure JFK, MLK, … all the time with those guys.

No one ever tries to bring out the truth about Teddy Roosevelt arranging a hit on William McKinley.

This could be just the break the Paulsen campaign was looking for.

I’ve always said that if a government conspiracy wanted to kill a President, they’d arrange to isolate him in a remote location, away from White House staff and other witnesses, and then make his death look like natural causes.

You know, like the way they killed FDR.

Sure, that’s what they want you to think.

There have been many, many TRCs throughout the world, not all of them called by that specific name.

Which doesn’t mean this particular example isn’t bogus.

So it’s a brain-washed JFK with plastic surgery? Fiendishly clever.

The clues are out there. If you play the second side of Anyway … Onward backwards, it says “I buried Sahl.”

I thought Sahl was the walrus. And where the hell did Joe DiMaggio go?

What, Wavy Gravy and William Hung were busy?

And nobody ever wants to look into the one consequential assassination of the Twentieth Century: Archduke Franz Ferdinand!

Why was he in Sarajevo really? Who sent him into the path of the assassins? Who ensured he’d die?

Who benefited from the First World War? Well… who got a country out of it, hein?

Moved to… MPSIMS I guess?

Cite?

Also, how ever did you figure out that the OP was a Mort Sahl fan? That was something he was keeping a closely guarded secret.