Tucker Carlson deserves to be afraid

The protestors spray painted an anarchy symbol on his driveway and one of them can be overheard in a now deleted video that she wanted to bring a pipe bomb to his house.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/tv/protesters-target-home-of-fox-news-tucker-carlson/2018/11/08/b8ce802a-e3be-11e8-ba30-a7ded04d8fac_story.html?utm_term=.54eb82af00a1

I am irritated that some of you dumb fucks are making me stick up for this piece of shit Tucker.

Much as I despise Tucker Carlson and his politics, November 9th is not the date for the OP to argue in favor of attacking people in their homes.

OK, the posters upthread said your train of thought was difficult to follow, but fuck it, rabbit hole, here I come.

No, you weren’t clearly lampooning the leftists. You’re in Poe’s Law territory. You expressed the typical right-wing perception of leftists, and you doubled down after you said you were lampooning. Are you double lampooning?

They fawn over self-debasing “conservative warmongers?” Like who? What conservative warmonger has ever expressed remorse for their views? What conservative warmonger has ever been admired by the left? Is this more whooshing?

Look at the protesters’ signs again. They’re saying “Stop the hate.” Where did you get the idea they’re indirectly protesting war? Why do you think they’re targeting Carlson for allegedly advocating for peace? It’s not general knowledge Carlson is a peace advocate.

So? How does spray painting an anarchy symbol mean they’re actually targeting Carlson for advocating peace? I was responding to Will, not saying the protesters were right. Reading comprehension can help sometimes.

There are two mutually exclusive ideas about how to prevent the next Kristallnacht.

One is to fight to preserve the norms of civil society in the hope that the fascists will not violate them. For that plan to work, even the people laying the groundwork for violence against vulnerable minorities must not be harassed in their homes.

The alternative plan is to use every available tool short of violence to dissuade powerful fascists from spreading their racist conspiracy theories and otherwise using their power to push us further along toward the abyss.

Are you sure that the first plan is the right one?

Get the fuck over yourself. You said the protestors were about stopping the hate and I pointed out they were talking about pipebombs.

OK so they are fucking Anarchists, that explains it. Fuck them. The enemy of my enemy is not necessarily my friend. As far as I’m concerned they represent the liberal Democratic view point as much as the Westburough church represents the christian right.

Does it bother anyone but me that there’s a recognized symbol for anarchy? Seems counter to the spirit of anarchy. Organized anarchy. nope. doesn’t work.

There are LOTS of symbols for anarchy. The black cat is particularly cute!

It is hateful, idiot and counter-productive. These ‘protests’ will not result in the change they say they want. NO, it will embolden the other side to to the follow suit, saying ‘turnabout is fair play’. Count on it. How long before white supremacists are camped out in front of Rachael Maddows home?

This behavior is horrific.

They have screwed their own cause and harmed society. If you want to beat them, you have to be better than them.

Here; let me help you with that: Anarchism. You’re welcome.

You mean like what they did in Charlottesville last year? Or what they did in New York City a couple of weeks ago? Are you sure that this isn’t already a case of “turnabout is fair play”, at least in these protestor’s minds?

And people on this board whine about ‘dehumanizing’ memes and seriously believe they aren’t the party of mobs…

I don’t know what you’re referring to in NY, but these assholes have absolutely zero interest in far play. Charlotte was to asshole groups coming together. The disgusting Nazis/White Supremacists and the Antifa types. Think about this: imagine if the Antifa crowd didn’t show up, what would have happened? I’ll tell you, a bunch of dipshits wold have marched advertising their vileness and stupidity. Hell, I wish that no one showed up, not even the media, depriving the racists of the attention they crave. But if people want to counter-protest, fine. But that can be done in a way that doesn’t turn into a melee. And with that I’ll just say that the if the cops would have done their jobs, we would just have had another screaming match with signs and chants.

But back to your point about fair play, fair play for what? The death in Charlottesville? That wouldn’t explain them showing up there before it happened looking for a fight? And how about all their other bouts of violence—both abasing other groups or agains campus buildings and Starbucks’s windows?

I’m glad to see most people coming out and simply defending the vile behavior. But there are some here who view themselves as though guys and probably dress up as Antifa as they watch the videos on YouTube. Wouldn’t be surprised of Budget Player Cadet or Snowboarder Bo turned were of that ilk.

Trump’s White Trash Nation is spinning out of control. He needs to rein in all the shooters and nazi gangs.

Pot, kettle, etc.

Well I wouldn’t be surprised if you rape babies and then eat them, you repulsive anti-social piece of shit; you have no moral high ground to stand on.

Ew.

According to a police report, “It was discovered that unknown persons spray painted an anarchy symbol on the driveway.”

The police did not arrest anyone because when they arrived, the people that had been doing illegal things were no longer doing them and, moreover, did not approach the police to confess their prior illegal acts.

Why wasn’t that an option in your exhaustive analysis? Was your conclusion something you considered as a matter of established fact?