The original video just reeked of ‘OMFG teh gays are hitting on me, there’s only one way to prove ot him and everyone else I love pussy!’ I’ve heard it before (along with ‘I don’t care if you’re gay, just stay the fuck away from me!’ as if gay men will stop at nothing until they’ve screwed all the straight men around). The glee in his voice. The other guy was lucky there wasn’t a sidewalk curb around.
But if this sort of behaviour is warranted, I’m sure the next woman Tucker hits on will be all-too-happy to do a little bashing of her own.
[QUOTE=Marley23]
And what the hell is THIS? Why do gay people need to “disavow” this stuff? (Why does everybody have to disavow everything bad to begin with? It’s just empty words. Is there no individual responsibility anymore?) Have gays ever marched or campaigned for the right to hit on guys in the crapper?
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, really, I can’t recall ever being hit-on by gays in the crapper. Good thing too – usually not at my best at the moment. Though I suspect the answer would have been the same,
“You’re too kind, thanks, but no thanks. My butthole is one way and that’s OUT. Kind regards.”
[QUOTE=Marley23]
And what the hell is THIS? Why do gay people need to “disavow” this stuff? (Why does everybody have to disavow everything bad to begin with? It’s just empty words. Is there no individual responsibility anymore?) Have gays ever marched or campaigned for the right to hit on guys in the crapper?
[/QUOTE]
There is a segment of the gay community that sees it as a civil rights issue.
Read the review of “The Trouble With Normal: Sex, Politics and the Ethics of Queer Life” by Michael Warner.
[QUOTE=John Mace]
I just realized that this is the lead story on MediaMatters. I’m so glad we have them as a watchdog group. Imagine if these conservative lies were just left in media unchallenged!!
[/QUOTE]
I don’t get what your fucking problem is with this story or Media Matters coverage of it.
A prominent conservative member of the media describes recruiting someone else to return to beat up a guy who hit on him, and a couple other fucks in the media find it hysterical.
Sounds to me like Carlson is the big pussy you might anticipate him to be, and Scarborough and the other fuck are pretty much assholes. I think this shit should be exposed, since it reflects a great deal about what our current media is all about.
What the fuck is your point again? Or is this more of your simpleminded opposition to almost anything critical of the right?
[QUOTE=Diogenes the Cynic]
Why did he have to go back? He got away. He was safe. When he went back, he wasn’t defending himself.
[/QUOTE]
He went back to make a citizen’s arrest — to keep the guy there until security could arrive. That required force. If someone has assaulted you, it ain’t over just because your parry didn’t work and you fell down.
[QUOTE=Liberal]
He went back to make a citizen’s arrest — to keep the guy there until security could arrive. That required force. If someone has assaulted you, it ain’t over just because your parry didn’t work and you fell down.
[/QUOTE]
Citizen’s arrest? Why? If this did in fact occur at a high school, the guy ain’t going anywhere. Just go to the authorities and go along with them to find the guy. What nonsense! How stupid!
[QUOTE=Liberal]
He went back to make a citizen’s arrest — to keep the guy there until security could arrive. That required force. If someone has assaulted you, it ain’t over just because your parry didn’t work and you fell down.
[/QUOTE]
Funny that Carlson didn’t say that they held the guy until security arrived, and then the guy was arrested. You would think that, if he was, as he claims, assaulted by an older man in a bathroom, and went and got security, then the cops would have been called. I can’t imagine a guy assaulting a teenager in a bathroom and being held by security wouldn’t be arrested.
But the problem with that is, if Tucker is telling the truth, there would be a record of the arrest. But, apparently, there isn’t. The conclusion I reach, and one I reach often if I even think about that guy, is that Tucker Carlson is full of shit. He’s a lying piece of garbage who made up the excuse that he was assaulted, so that he can deny getting a friend and hitting a guy who propositioned him.
[QUOTE=Liberal]
Speaking of truthiness, why are you representing what he said this way? He was assaulted. He was a high school kid. He went to get help. What does “gay” have to do with it? Do only straight people have to restrain themselves from putting their hands on others?
[/QUOTE]
Depending on which version of the story you read, he was either “Bothered” or “Assaulted”.
He got hit on in a bathroom, freaked out, and instead of going to someone in authority, he went and got a buddy so they could “CARLSON: I went back with someone I knew and grabbed the guy by the – you know, and grabbed him, and – and --Hit him against the stall with his head, actually!”.
That is what I’m pitting. (Well, that and the bow ties.)
[QUOTE=Liberal]
He went back to make a citizen’s arrest
[/QUOTE]
HAHAHAHA!
That is the funniest thing I’ve read in a while. Citizens arrest. He went back to beat up a gay guy to prove he doesn’t have the gay.
It’s peculiar that all this came out in a “clarification statement” issued after the initial interview. He knows he screwed up and now is covering his ass.
If Tucker beat up a gay guy in High School, that’s obviously “not cool.” But he’s 40+ years old, and High School is a vicious place (or so I’ve heard) where a lot of people bully others or get bullied by others for no good reason. While the fact that it is a common thing in High Schools (especially 20+ years ago) doesn’t make it “okay” it does mean I’m not particularly outraged if Tucker and some friend of his did beat up a gay guy in a High School bathroom over two decades ago. Maybe because I went to a smaller High School, I didn’t see a lot of the incidents most people describe from High School. There weren’t really cliques, there wasn’t really an entrenched group of “jocks.” Hell, our football team was infamously bad and most of the people on it were in worse shape that students who didn’t participate in athletics at all. I did see a few people who got bullied consistently, though. It was relatively rare (at least compared to what many people describe as their High School experiences), and maybe some of those guys who did the bullying turned out to be horrible people. But I imagine some of them are perfectly respectable, nice people now. Most people grow both mentally after graduating High School.
However, call it a hunch, but I think the whole thing was fabricated. I don’t think Tucker was ever bothered, assaulted et cetera by anyone in his High School bathroom nor do I think he got into a physical altercation afterwards. I think he fabricated the first story entirely to 1) try to produce a personal example of seeing the type of behavior they were talking about and 2) to make himself look tough. In retrospect he realized his first story could be interpreted as gay-bashing so he changed it around some.
But just from the way he said what he said, I don’t believe the event happened at all. I think he made it up, and I think in making up the story he committed a bit of a gaffe which he didn’t realize until later (thus the “clarifying statement.”)
[QUOTE=Hentor the Barbarian]
If this did in fact occur at a high school, the guy ain’t going anywhere.
[/QUOTE]
It didn’t happen at a high school. He was “in high school” in the sense that a person of that age is in high school even though he is currently physically located at a nearby park.
[QUOTE=Martin Hyde]
However, call it a hunch, but I think the whole thing was fabricated. I don’t think Tucker was ever bothered, assaulted et cetera by anyone in his High School bathroom nor do I think he got into a physical altercation afterwards. I think he fabricated the first story entirely to 1) try to produce a personal example of seeing the type of behavior they were talking about and 2) to make himself look tough. In retrospect he realized his first story could be interpreted as gay-bashing so he changed it around some.
[/QUOTE]
I agree with that completely. I think he made it up as well. (Which doesn’t change the fact that there has been some misrepresentation of what I believe to be his fabrication.)
ETA:
But if he fabricated it, Lib, what difference does it make how we represent it? Just because he’s dishonest doesn’t mean we have to be.