Turkey Trots To Water- A Holiday MMP

It’s American Thanksgiving week! Which means it’s “You’re a month and a half late” week north of the 49th parallel, and “It’s the 4th Week in November” week elsewhere on Earth.
And what’s the story behind the MMP title? the world wonders!

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off to sort. And while I understand doing online shopping to reduce human contact, and I understand my job depends on people shipping things, as I heave your badly packed 50lbs, Target order into a moving cage a foot over my head, my rage burns with the fire of 1000 suns

Higgs decided she needed to pee at 3AM, so we’re up. Rah.

MIL’s sister texted me last night that one of FCD’s cousins and her husband have the virus. The live in Indiana but I don’t know if they “believe” in COVID or not. Anyway, it’s now hit the family. We shall continue to wear masks, etc.

Found out MIL is planning to make that disgusting, marshmallow-covered side dish on Thurs. What a waste of perfectly good sweet N.O.T.s!!! She’s also the type to boil green beans with bacon for hours. I miss veggies already. My kingdom for broccoli!!

Yeah, happy Moanday…

y u mad, bro?

Good morning to you @dogbutler ! May I wish upon you small sort, or at least a position at the aisle’s end, where the boxline starts its descent to the package cars. As someone who lived in Top Blue, I do apologize for that trailer axle that one time. I promise not to do that again.

To everyone else, good Monday morning. Up, coffeed, and planning our assumed quarantine – as I had a lengthy exposure to a plague sufferer last week. I assume the authorities will nail warnings to my door later today. I’m tempted to fly a Q flag over my deck, just for fun. I’ll see if we have any yellow cloth around.

Happy Monday, and hope everyone has a good week.

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN 'Tis 53 Amurrkin out and clear with a predicted high of 71 and N.O.S. for the day. Today we shall spiff da cave as is our wont on Moanday, but also to make sure everything is all neat and tidy for Turkey Day. There shall be six of us gathered at da cave to feast. We do have a mostly planned out menu. I also have to go pick up meds at some point. Sup shall be leftovers from yestiddy.

pulley sorry that you are havin’ to quarantine. Makes you wish you had some of that big red danger warnin’ tape with the skull and crossbones does it not? Hope it goes smoothly for all involved.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, onward into the day! Rah.

Happy Moanday Y’all!

Morning, mumpers! The start of another irk week for me, I’ve got nothing much planned apart from taking a bit of time off tomorrow afternoon. It’s a friend’s birthday and I need to go and drop off a gift bag. Fortunately the contents arrived via courier on Saturday, he’s very found of stouts and dark beers so I put in an order with Titanic Brewery as they do a box with plum porter, cappucino stout, normal stout, and chocolate & vanilla stout. That will split nicely between his birthday and xmas gifts.

Today we’re expecting another confused pronouncement from BoJo the Clown, presumably telling us we now have to quarantine our mince pies before we are allowed to sit halfway up a tree to eat them, provided there are no squirrels in the vicinity, and we wait until half past goose.

Rumour hazzit that instead of 14-day isolation for those people contacted by the ludicrous track and trace system, people will be allowed to go about their business, out and about in public, provided they take a daily Covid test and provided the daily test is negative. If anyone finds my eyeballs rolling about on the floor, please pass them back to me :slight_smile:

Up for reals now. Higgs has been tended to and I’ve had my morning toast. Caffeination is underway. No clue what the day holds.

One interesting tidbit from yesterday - I had to take MIL to Publix. She needed bread and to pick up some meds. She was complaining how they’d rearranged everything, and I discovered in their lunacy, they had bread and PB&J sharing and aisle with cosmetics… because, sure, why not?? Just in case as you grab your jar of Jif, your realize you need mascara, too!

Personally, I think they rearrange stores just to screw with us! In our Food Lion, the bread now shares an aisle with greeting cards. It’s aisle 6, instead of where it used to be on 12.

That’s more guidance than we’re getting from the Cheeto in Chief! But it did give me a morning giggle.

Morning all. It’s a chilly 40F and only getting to 57F later, but at least there is light. Need to start prepping for my trip up to Brother’s on Wednesday. It looks like rain most of that day all the way up there, so I’ll try to leave a little more time.

FCM, I never have figured out our Publix shelving…they have the bread waaay over on the left side of the store, while the veggies are waaay over on the right…guess they want us to walk the entire store for our health (or more likely, pick up things on impulse–and truth be told, it’s worked on occasion).

Boo fae, your comments about BoJo do make me grin, but if I was living there it would be more like gritting my teeth…and nice gift, albeit a cappucino stout sounds…odd.

pulley, flying a Q flag, considering the “Q-anon” nonsense, might be contraindicated. Take care and hope the quarantine isn’t too bad.

Spidey, thought you were doing a race along the shore…Turkey trot - Wikipedia

OK, need to warm up the house and get about things. All y’all have a good Moanday.

I had a COVID test Friday because I’m seeing the pulmonologist today. Of course the test was negative. I cancelled my appearance at the extended family Thanksgiving last week. Friday night I learned one of the other side relatives has been exposed to a COVID cow-irker. My brother in-law doesn’t see the danger in this. But he voted for tRump.

This sounds lovely. Wish I could order it for my mother in the U.S., but that’s probably unlikely.

Today I was in the office - 1 of 2 people on my floor.

The mall is all decorated for Christmas and it seems they have a little bit of an uptick in customers. The restaurants are just the opposite. Now that outdoor seating is getting uncomfortable (below freezing temperatures will do that), some restaurants are finally installing barriers between tables. I guess they were hoping the virus would go away.

Now I’m on the way home, courtesy of the public transportation system. Still have two more appointments, so today’s a long day.

Hope you’re all enjoying your Monday!

Up, slurping coffee. All showered and everything. I kind of sort of forgot that overlygirl actually had school this morning but fortunately for both of us, it was online. So I was able to roll out of bed and hang out for a while with my more-responsible-than-me kid before she began to zoom. I’m working at home the first half of the day and heading to mom’s mid-day to be there when she showers so I can help change dressings and suchlike.

Never take for granted the normal - this keeps hitting home for me like a sledgehammer, when my mom had her transplant, when she was so sick and almost died (twice) the year after and right now now. No matter what I see on facebook where people are doing amazing things that are way cooler than what I’m doing, there are few things more precious than being able to go for a run, sleep in your own bed, cook your own food and relax on a couch with your family and not worry or hurt.

Anyway, that’s my PSA for the day. More doctor’s appointments tomorrow and Wednesday. Oh, Monday, too. And next Thursday. I’m tired of doctor’s appointments, but I imagine my mom is way more tired of them than I could be. This process blows goats, but the alternative is way worse.

And it’s definitely Moanday. The one day my usual bus is dead on schedule instead of being 5-10min behind (and I’m right near the start of that run), I’m slow getting out the door and get to watch the bus leave without me. Good thing Lyft is still an option.

Slept poorly, largely due to killer heartburn.

Good morning, everybody. Bright and shiny and wonderful since we are off this whole week. Double cat puke-age during the night, but still managed to get some decent sleep. Enjoying my cocoa before setting out to change every litter box. The joys of cats!

Have a safe and happy week.

Hi all. Up, partially caffeinated, and currently in mid-shevel. It’s already kind of a weird irk week. I expected big crowds at the zoo Saturday and Sunday, since it’s leading into a holiday week and the weather was quite nice. Instead, business was middling, at best. I think the latest COVID surge is a factor; judging by the people who did show up, it seems all the smart ones stayed home. Yeah, it was that kind of weekend.

Speaking of COVID, SIL’s test came back negative; still waiting on BIL’s results. Which is kind of crazy - by the time you find out if you have it, you’re either recovered or in the hospital. At least they’re being good and quarantining. We’re not scheduled to see them until after Christmas anyway.

Not much else to report here. Mrs W has the whole week off, which kind of makes me glad to go to work (don’t judge!). We’ll get to spend Thursday and Friday together. No special plans for T-giving dinner, though.

Have a great day and week, everybody!

Greetings fellow MMPers. The big plan for today is to drive to the bustling metropolis of The Dalles (pop. ~ 15,000) to procure vittles for T-day.
I also need to pick up all the tools lying around and move them to the basement.
No other plans, so far.

Y’all have a good week.

Howdy Y’all! We spiffed da cave, I picked up meds and a few needed items from the grocery sto’ (no more grocery sto’ this week as we are well stocked for everyday and TDay), had N.O.L., and have achieved nappage. Quite the day!

Afternoon all. Mail has been stopped and Lunch from Jersey Mike’s has been assimilated, so I’m in reasonably good humor. Still only 54F outside so heater is getting plenty of work. Gas tank light is on, but figure I have enough to get to the bank and then to the gas station tomorrow.

Nettie, buses come and buses go, but Murphy is with us forever… Take care.

talky, truth you have told. Be well.

Onward into the afternoon. Nappage is a possibility.

The world wonders.

Chilly and drizzly here-gray sky so feels even chillier. At least, for the last few minutes, I have had a Siamese overlord snuggling up to my knee on the loveseat. It is no doubt my thick, fuzzy lap blanket she is really cuddling up to. I have already filled my purpose for the day as far as she is concerned by pouring more expensive kibble into the beasties’ bowls.

I went to the corner market and bought three bottles of wine; two for me (might last the rest of the week, might not), and one for Mrs. L.A. I had an ulterior motive for buying Mrs. L.A. a bottle: I need some white wine to make the escargots for her birthday dinner tomorrow. I also got her a birthday card, and the cats got her one too. Tonka signed it, ‘ROWR-rowl!’, and Goo signed it, ‘Mew!’ They also got her a $20 lottery scratcher. I got her a book:

I see her pulling in, returning from seeing a patient. I finished vacuuming the house just in time!