TV's Frank is back!

Unfortunately, it’s a just a small role (Conniff, the producer) on an intermittently funny new parody show on Oprah’s Oxygen channel. If I remember to, I may check back to see if it’s worth keeping up with. Maybe Frank’s role will be bigger in the future. I really only laughed at one of the segments on tonight’s show, a profile of Brett Sommers about her (fictional) obsession with gay men. She rehabbed at the Doris Day Institute.

Last time I saw Frank was when he played an oversized infant on “Sabrina.”

Good lord…does anyone under the age of 30 even know who Brett Sommers is? Or has the Game Show Network given her newfound fame? Considering that I remember the original Match Game and still had to go look her up to figure out who she was once I started catching the GSN reruns, I’m really surprised she’s enough of a pop culture icon today to rate a parody news item.

Yeah, now that you mention it, she is an odd choice for parody. In the same piece, they also mention Charles Nelson Reilly, Paul Lynde, Jim J. Bullock, and Waylan Flowers and Madame. I wonder what Oxygen’s demographic is?

TV’s Frank! Damn, I don’t get the Oxygen Channel!

pouts

Did you see Trace Bealieu and Joel Hodgeson when they were on a couple of episodes of Freaks and Geeks?

Yes, yet another show that got cancelled almost as soon as I got interested in it.