Two days!! Woo hoo!! How Simetra is so close to perfection.

I’m sorry all, but I just can’t contain my excitement. If I didn’t post this thread I was going to explode, and we can’t have that. Little Simetra bits strewn all over the place. :slight_smile:

“What am I talking about?”, you ask. Well, even if you didn’t, I’m telling you anyway. On Sunday, I get to see my sweetie, Jessica. Whom a lot of you know as Serendipity. It’s been almost two months since I’ve seen her last, and now that I’m so close, I just can’t stop smiling. :smiley: Not that I’d ever want to, or that she would ever give me reason to. :wink:

Of course, I still have a million things to do between now and then, and it’s definitely going to be the longest two days of my life. Hell, every moment away from her seems like an eternity. (Pardon my language.)

This is also the visit where I get to “Meet The Parents”, so there’s definitely some anxiety going on, but from what Jessica tells me, they seem awesome, so… Considering they raised the most amazing woman I know, they can’t be anything less than wonderful.

I’m just so excited and I had to post. Thanks everyone for indulging me. :slight_smile:

Aww… that is so cute!

I hate you.

[sub]kidding, kidding! But I am a little jealous. sigh I remember that feeling[/sub]

Awww, sweetie… You really are too adorable.

And as I’ve told you before, you really don’t need to be anxious about meeting my parents. It’s my little sister and her friends you need to look out for. :wink: (I wandered downstairs this morning looking all icky and scrubby. Elizabeth, one of my sister’s friends, took one look at me and said, “I really hope you don’t look like that when Stephen’s here.” This was followed by my sister relating one of her “ingenious” plans to mess with my darling’s mind. ;))

I love you, sweetheart, and I can’t wait until Sunday morning. :slight_smile:

OK, the two of you are teetering on the brink of icky. But that’s all right, you’re both so sweet I can’t get mad. Now, quit being so cute or I’ll…I dunno, hug ya or something! I hope you have a lovely visit, and don’t get too stressed out about the parents thing.

Appropriate wording, love. :slight_smile: I’m not so worried about your sis. For those who don’t know, she’s nothing more than a little wisp of a thing, and if worse comes to worse, I can always just sling her over my shoulder. :wink:

Promise? :wink:

[Best Chandler impression] Could I be any more excited? [/impression]

Heheh you guys are getting all mushy and stuff!! Ewwww!Gross!! :smiley:

[sub]Dammit, I can’t even get a date.[/sub]

Naw, really, Congrats you two!! Glad to see someone is going to be so happy after so long!!

Tripler
C’mon get happy!

Shaddap alla youse!

This one is way too simple…

Simetra, fear not in the least, you have quite provable credentials in the “nice guy” department. (How’s that for a backhanded compliment?) Out of all of the people on my music mailing list, I believe only Jack Batty ever sent me a piece of music before you. When you noticed the first gap in my weekly music file mailing, somewhere around the last holidays, you stepped into the breech and fired away with your own item du jour.

Having the chutzpah to do that, combined with what an obviously decent kinda guy you are pretty much guarantees that you should just relax and do what you do best, namely being a charmer. Serendipity has obvously succumbed to your wiles, so bust a cap off into the ceiling when you meet the 'rents. It will be obvious that you’re cool, so work from that angle.

I mean… you do love this girl, right? If so, then the rest is easy, trust me. Treat the parents with the same respect you show their daughter and all will go either real well or not at all. It’s real simple, just not real easy, but in the long run the direct approach works best.

Make it real clear how you feel about her, and be ready to gloss over everything you see, hear, taste or feel for the sake of making the perfect impression. With that under your belt, plenty o’ good loving will be yours for all the right reasons. And I mean that in a really good way.