Two Threads in two days locked due to the Dio Show

Billfish, about the two threads we’re talking about, do you agree they should have been locked?

I’m not billfish, but I certainly don’t think so. Dio should have been warned – why should the rest of us be punished for his bullshit? Liberal used to pull the same kind of crap around here, and now Dio’s doing it. It was annoying then, and it’s annoying now.

I was having no problem ignoring Dio’s over-the-top, inflammatory posts in my thread, and it still got locked before I was done with the discussion. Depending on everyone to ignore a poster who seems to go out of his way to antagonize other posters is simply not working here, and it’s turning into one poster making it a less enjoyable posting experience for a lot of other posters.

Hell no.

In both IMO Dio should have been told to just leave and everybody else told to cool it in replying specificially to Dio’s “I’m RIGHT!!!” posts.

Now, not that a run of mill poster should be given that treatment in similiar circumstances, but in Dio’s case his history has earned him “special” treatment and for well deserved reasons.

This

No one says that EVERY time he posts, only when he starts in on his “I’m right, everyone else is wrong” and basically derails an entire thread. The reason it’s called “The Dio Show” is because he makes it all about HIM.
Why is it anymore that the rest of us are supposed to be responsible for the behavior of one troll? The person who constantly threadshits, we’re told “ignore it, you know how he/she is”. Then the thread gets closed, and the majority get the shaft. Fuck that.

(I only read the dating thread, not the other one.) So he refused to change his opinion, and responded to other posters. Big deal. If his opinion had been the same as everyone else’s, no one would have cared. All he did was respond after people repeatedly challenged his opinions. He, of course, got too wound up, but he didn’t do anything that everyone didn’t do, which was to answer other posters.

But OTHER posters don’t respond to every single OTHER person individually with the same sorta “is not!!!” line. They don’t just repeat what they said before. They don’t just ignore facts others cite as mere opinions. They don’t do a bunch of other baloney that would have you banned in short order from any kind of respectable debating society. Yeah, everyone does something like that a bit once in a great while. Dio brings it to a near constant art form.

“But he never crosses the line!!” Screw that…if you keep tap dancing near the line you IMO need your personal line moved way the frack back.

His opinion is that any 25-year-old who is attracted to a 17-year-old is a pervert. Everyone kept trying to convince him that that was not so. Did anyone really think they would change his opinion just by telling him that he was wrong? Seriously, after a certain point, it was obvious he was not changing his mind, so why did everyone insist on forcing the issue?

(I’m not addressing his over-the-top reaction to Steophan when he thought Steophan was threatening to bang his daughter. That was a mistake which he acknowledged after it was explained to him, and he was warned for it.)

Someone is writing stuff on the interweb I don’t like so let’s burn him with fire! (?)

Two threads closed in a short order. The common denominator was Dio. But everybody else gets blamed. We’re told just to ignore him. I did ignore him; I don’t engage him, no matter how tempting it is, because I know better. Dio doesn’t argue in good faith. I was talking to other people than him, but because of him, the thread was closed.

You may not have engaged him, but everyone else did, repeatedly, trying to get him to see the error of his ways. It’s like chickens pecking at another chicken instead of getting back to the food. Then once he answers back, everyone’s all over him again. He’s not going to change his mind, so why does everyone insist he does instead of moving along? It’s like nobody can get back to the topic until he changes his mind to agree with them. Nobody is making everyone pounce on him. “But he made us do it! It was the Dio show so we had to! He didn’t agree with us and he wouldn’t stop it!” Jesus Christ. I almost never agree with him, but I don’t have to keep poking him until he admits I’m right and he’s wrong.

Simplest solution?

Establish a Dio Forum: any threads that the mods lockdown because of Dio’s involvement should be moved to it’s own forum. That way, those who want to bang their heads against a wall can do so, and Dio can play his ‘Is So, Is Not’ game whilst the rest of us get on with it.

All those in favour?

:stuck_out_tongue:

And yet again, I say the same can be said of jerks and trolls and socks…

Don’t worry, I can keep repeating my point here until you admit by your lack of repsonsive posts that I AM RIGHT!

See what I did there?

How about just Dio can be sent there and the rest of us can either join him or stay here in the reasonable world?

So, unless he admits he’s wrong, people shouldn’t move on?

And there you go.

No, he just needs to stop acting that he’s objectively right on subjective matters.

Yep, that was sort of the idea!

:smiley:

Pity he can’t be locked out of specific threads where he becomes a PITA.

I’d be interested as to why Spectre of Wheelbarrow gave him a sort of warning and told him not to post anymore in the thread after Ellen had locked the thread.

And Czarcasm, the chant of “Dio Show” may be provocative. However, it is not the reason the threads become trainwrecks. To suggest that is so is avoiding the reality of its posting style.