Uh ohhhh... Here it comes!

Looks like Camping was right after all.

On the Yahoo news site:

*By GUDJON HELGASON, Associated Press – 19 mins ago

REYKJAVIK, Iceland –

"Iceland’s most active volcano has started erupting, scientists said Saturday — just over a year after another eruption on the North Atlantic island shut down European air traffic for days.

Iceland’s Meteorological Office confirmed that an eruption had begun at the Grimsvotn volcano, accompanied by a series of small earthquakes. Smoke could be seen rising from the volcano, which lies under the uninhabited Vatnajokull glacier in southeast Iceland.

A no fly zone has been designated for 120 nautical miles (220 kilometers) in all directions from the eruption. Isavia, the company that operates and develops all airport facilities and air navigation services in Iceland, described this as standard procedure around eruptions…"*

In a related news item, I just farted. A real big one, too.

:stuck_out_tongue:

I honestly think that we will see some of the true-believers using this and other news items as part of their denial. They can call it a “warning shot” from God and set a new date in October.

(I mean the volcanic eruption. Not my huge fart.)

Nothing catastrophic happened due to comet Kohoutek, in spite of the Children of God’s claims. Since it “fizzled” they later said that it was a harbinger of Nixon’s failed presidency.

Look for history repeating itself here. That’s my prediction.

I could be wrong, but at least I’m not claiming that my statements are from above.

- Jack

Dang it, you beat me to it. Well, I’ve got a sequential CNN title for you:

*It’s not the end of the world as we know it

Volcano erupts beneath glacier*

Should we lie down? Put bags over our heads?

So, can we start looting yet? I want to upgrade my home theater system.

I too, am waiting for the looting to start.

Well, the Lord helps those who help themselves.

I am sooo gonna use this next time some odorous fumes escape from my back side. Ooops, must be a warning shot from God! :smiley:

I wish I could link to the Peanuts strip about Kohoutek. Snoopy and Woodstock, convinced that the world is coming to an end, hide under a burlap sack. Sally writes a report on Kohoutek; Snoopy says “Don’t forget the part about the world coming to an end.”

Some ignorant creatures think this is a sign that the world is coming to an end.

Snoopy pulls the sack over Sally’s head and storms off in a huff.

Winning.

Now, when I try to access cnn.com from the downtown library (main branch) I get an error message. I tell you, something mighty odd is going on.

And this morning, when I went to check my NYS Lotto numbers for any possible winners, the local, hometown rag reported “Lotto numbers not available at this time.”

Remind me never to read a thread I already know will be funny at any public PC station. :o

“Grimsvotn” is an unbelievably cool name for a volcano.

“…with both forces from Ísafjörður and Mosfellsbær against us, our list of allies grows thin. The Camping cannot stay in Reykjavik. It must be destroyed by throwing it into Mount Grimsvotn, from where it was forged.”
And thus, ‘The Fellowship of the Camping’ was formed…

Depends. Are you an ugly prom date?

No, that’s from the recent H2G2 movie. “Will it help?” “Not at all.”

I’ll admit I got whooshed, but I post this in my defense: