Unloading

Wednesday I sold my boat. Today I got the Triumph to the shop so I can get it running to sell.

Things did not go as planned. I intended to roll the '63 Triumph Herald 1200 convertible backwards and tow it out of the yard with the Jeep, and then use a car dolly to take it to the shop. The thing wouldn’t budge. I had to winch it back with a come-along, and I moved it 2 feet before the come-along malfunctioned. Screw it. I called a tow truck. Turns out the right-rear wheel was locked up. It had been parked with the hand brake on for three years.

I left a message at the shop to take his time. (He charges less when the customer isn’t in a hurry.) He’ll need to unlock the back wheel, clean the fuel system, maybe put in a new battery (I took the new-ish one out, and am charging it), and make it run. He said he knows people who might want to buy the car.

So the boat’s gone, and the Triumph is on its way. I said I’d never sell the Seca II, but I’m thinking it may be time to let go. What next? The kayak? Or maybe I’ll keep it. But I have a feeling I’m going to be making a lot of use of Craigslist in the coming months. Hm. There’s that brand-new telescope that is kind of useless with this area’s cloudy skies…

How 'bout the R1?

I made up my mind a while back to start slimming down my operation and get rid of a bunch of stuff.

Bought a Mercedes and a Hawk GT since then. :rolleyes:

I like you. You’re silly! :stuck_out_tongue:

No, I stopped riding the Seca II because the R1 is too much fun.

I thought you would get a kick out of that!

Just curious, may I ask why? Just getting rid of clutter?

Yeah, pretty much. I’ve been meaning to get rid of stuff for years, but I procrastinate. Plus, extra cash would be handy so I can do stuff to the house. (Or put it in a savings fund for a flyin’ machine! :smiley: )

And I get tired of being chastised for having too many things I don’t use. :wink: