Up Yers Chick Don't Tell Them To Ruin Halloween For The Kids

Sounds like your coven use White Wolf’s World of Darkness rules, which use stat increases instead of levels.

I’m an agnostic myself, but I’ve been thinking of converting to Catholicism ever since they upgraded to 3rd Edition.

I understand that Angel topped out around 25th Degree when he realized that attending meetings was cutting into his brooding time. Spike was kicked out after his first meeting, where he disembowled the Worshipful Master (something about a “poncy apron.”)

Bonus fact: Darla and Dru were both blackballed from Eastern Star, and the resulting bloodbath was enough to make a Watcher queasy. Bad times all around, what with the Order of Aurelius not even having a ladies’ auxiliary.

See, you tell the secrets of the evil ones, you get your coding buggered.

At this point I’m not sure I care where I spend eternity. As long as it’s not where Jack Chick ends up.

b.

Oh, and we use FULL SIZE snickers, dammit!!! Trouble is, all the work I go through, I never get more than a dozen kids each year.

Regarding that Vampire page, what the hell hasn’t Bill Schnoeblen been?

He has his own little cottage industry where he writes books about the dark secrets he discovered while in the higherarchy of the wiccans/the catholics/the vampires (wtf?) etc. etc. etc.

I swear to the Gods, this guy must have history’s most successful religious career :rolleyes:

It’s actually worth posting again to give the list of spiritual organisations that Schoebelen claims to have been involved in, and to have gotten high enough in to “expose them”:

Wicca
Freemasonry
Voodoo
Thelema (The Aleister Crowley Cult)
Rosicrucianism
The Catholic Priesthood
and “various eastern philosophies”

What’s up with that last one? Was he taken in to the secret back room that the eastern philosophies share, and shown the horrible truth? “Bill, we think you’ve been with us long enough. Now you may see the truth- Various Eastern Philosophies are really a front for the International Fetus-Nuking Conspiracy, The Satan Fund, and Viewers Like You.”

and how could I have forgotten:

The Church Of Satan
Vampirism
and “Underground Satanism”

And time for more sarcasm: What’s with that last one? “Yeah, I was all about the Church of Satan back in the 70’s, but they’ve totally gone pop. I’m more in to Underground Satanism now… have you ever heard of The Cult Of The Dark Marmoset? They rock!! I’m also getting really in to The Unholy Path of He That Burns Your Pop-Tarts. They’re kinda going off in this whole pastry direction that I’m not so in to. They should go back to their ROOTS, man!”

That is ABSOLUTELY my last Schnoebelen post until I think of another one.

Proof of Evil

Remember people, do not fear the evil that surrounds you. Do not avoid the hounds of hell. Do not avoid the beasts of brimstone. Do not avoid the puppies of purgatory. You must always embrace the hellfire, hellfire, hellfire. Thank you! Goodnight! If you haven’t already, please call you mom.

My parents did this to me, dammit. Wouldn’t let me trick or treat with the other kids.

I’d never make my son sit at home like I had to when all the other kids got to have fun.

It seems there’s a King of the Hill episode for every situation. There was one where a woman was convinced Halloween was evil and got trick or treating cancelled.

:mad:

That would suck. Jack Chick is a bearer of false witness.

HAW HAW HAW! I love KITH. I once played lazer tag with a friend, and we gave our “codenames” as Sir Simon and Manservant Hecubus.

My favorite part of that episode is how she wins Luann over by appealing to her low self-image with regards to her intelligence. It is such a friggin’ cult trick and I see it all the time being employed by the campus crusaders. Generally as they warn you about cults that will pray upon those with low self-image.

I’ve never heard a rational explination of the dangers of Halloween. This surprises me very little given that Jack Chick and those who think like him have no rational reasons for anything they believe.

One of my Bible-school teachers told us it was good to wear a devil costume on Halloween, because that was mocking Satan and showing him that we weren’t afraid of him.

This may hit close to home for Guinastasia, but a few years ago, when I was attending community college (not your county, Guin), there were posters up calling Halloween evil and un-Christian and advertising some sort of counter event. I’m very much in favour of freedom of religion, but this sort of ignorance bothers me. Since the posters had the college’s stamp of approval on them, I’m afraid I actually spoke to them about sanctioning them, pointing out that since Halloween comes from “All Hallows Even”, i.e. the eve of All Saints Day, it is hardly un-Christian. Sorry, IMHO, colleges are supposed to fight ignorance, not yield to it! Besides, when I was a kid, Halloween was all about running around the neighborhood and getting as much candy as possible!

CJ

Vanilla, we’re meant to be fighting ignorance, not playing around calling myth truth.

Isn’t that more or less the origin of the whole costume thing when it comes to All Hollows Eve? Some belief tied into All Saints Day?

A church in a nearby town is having a “Hallowed King” festival on Halloween. The fun part comes when I was telling a person about this and accidentally mistyped it as “Hallowed Kink.”

Of course, around here there are dozens of “Judgement Houses” instead of your standard haunted houses. These are the ones where you walk through and they show you all the horrors that happen when you sin–being gay gives you AIDS so you die alone and in pain and THEN you get to go to hell, having an abortion gets you a ticket to hell, playing D&D makes you really become an evil Druid or witch and that makes you go to hell–I think you get the gist.

Fun for the whole family!

Last time I checked, I can celebrate Halloween with my son however I want.
I will also believe pretending to be a witch or a disfigured axe victim isn’t “fun”.
So.everyone who disagrees with you is ignorant?
Don’t think so.

asterion, I believe you’re right.