Uru: Ages Beyond Myst bug?

I bought Uru last night, and very eagerly installed it. Less than 30 minutes after beginning the game, I had to turn it off before I threw the computer out the window. For some reason I seem to keep “falling through the floor” for no apparent reason. After about 10 seconds of silent blackness, I’d end up back at the starting point, but all the things I’d achieved were still in place. At one point it happened at the shadowy end of a ledge so I thought perhaps I’d missed something, but then it happened right smack dab in the middle of a room.

Now if that’s part of the gameplay, I’m not going to be pleased.

I’ve tried searching for other instances of people complaining about this, and come up empty. I also did install the patch. Anyone else know of this problem?

I played all the way through the game, and I don’t remember anything about that. Email me (put SMDB in the subject), and I’ll see if I can help you out.

google is your friend.

Ahem… I already installed the patch.

:slight_smile: I’m about to give it another go, and see if it happens again. If it does, and you hear and thwunk, that’s my computer going out the window. If it does persist, DA, I will email you posthaste.