USS Cole

Shit.
– Zilch

Does ANYONE know the best possible way to get a list of the injured sailors? My college roommate is on that ship… Oh Christ.

My hugs and heartfelt thanks go out to ChiefScott and any other military men and women who might be reading this. You guys put your lives on the line to keep us free in times of peace as well as war. Don’t think we don’t appreciate it.

Thanks, DB. I may be retired, but I appreciate the sentiment. Far too many people have no idea…

{{{{{{{{{{Connor}}}}}}}}

Connor, this is on CNN’s site
Information for families of sailors serving on the USS Cole:
1-800-368-3202

I don’t imagine you’ll get a difinitive answer at this stage though.

That news gives me a heavy heart no matter what the cause.

Our military are very overworked and underpaid these days and they risk all defending us. Remind your congressperson of that when you get a chance.

So far all the folks at that number can do is confirm who was on board the Cole. Unfortunately, they confirmed for me that he was in fact on board. Thanks for the number, Lnix, I appreciate it.

This former sailor is keeping them in her prayers!

When will people fucking learn that violence accomplishes nothing?

And RANDOM violence at that?
I know it sounds stupid, but this makes me want to punch the assholes who did/were responsible for this in the face.

Then have the Navy stuff grenades down their throats.

Well, fuck. :frowning:

{{{Connor}}}

God, I’m stunned and sickened. God be with them.
Zette

Hope your roomie is safe, Connor. We’ll say a prayer for you over this side of the pond.

My son is at Corry Station, Pensacola, not even in the fleet yet, and my blood runs cold. Can I make him come home now? (Only partly kidding…)

Damn it. How do we stop this shit?

God, this is horrific. What the hell do they think they’ve proven by doing this!?

As the niece of two Army combat vets (WWII and Korea), the daughter of a retired Army staff sergeant, and sister to an ex-Army corporal and current Air Force reservist, my sincere sympathies to the men and women of the Cole and the entire USN. I’m the kind that always claps the loudest for the old vets in the parades rather than the floats and stuff.

This is almost as cowardly as blowing up those Marines in their sleep. No way for a sailor or anyone else to die.

Carolyn

:frowning:

At the risk of sounding callous,lets pull ALL our troops out of the Gulf and let the Arabs/Palestinians kill each other.Those poor guys on the Cole were minding their own business,doing what they were told to do.If I had to venture a guess now,I’d say the 4 dead were killed in the engine room.((my old workplace!))No one take offense to this,I gotta vent…GOD DAMN THOSE RAG HEADS!

Clinton used the right words when he said “despicable and cowardly”.

Marx used the wrong words when he said “Religion is the opiate of the masses.” Methamphetamine might have been a better choice.

Latest news says a Yemeni terrorist group with links to Osama Bin-Laden is claiming responsibility.

I guess I’ll never understand how religion can drive people to such extreme measures.

My thoughts are with the families of the 6 dead and 11 missing tonight.

I seethe with anger.

Those bastards.