Vanessa Carlson this is NOT. Must Watch.

https://youtu.be/Apg6OHOrhbQ

This shit is the funniest thing I’ve seen in a loooooong time. It just made my day. It’s definitely worth the couple minutes to watch. For those that simply will not click on a link without concrete information, fine: it’s a musical parody of the pop song “A Thousand Miles” by Vanessa Carlson.

nm

Don’t bother.

Says you. Who obviously has no sense of humor. :slight_smile:

I just learned that that piano riff was part of a 2000s pop song. I’d always thought it was part of a music score, and was part of something entirely instrumental.

That was supposed to be a movie score. In my mind, I link that riff with the Chariots of Fire beach running theme.

Why would anyone click on a link without concrete information? IMO, it’s not the reader’s responsibility to click on a blind link just to find out what it is. I think, at least on this message board, the author should include a description of any links, especial links to videos.

Why would you not? It’s just a link. You know it’s a video that Ambivalid finds funny. And reading what it is spoils the joke.

Because I told you it was a funny video.

It’s Carlton, not Carlson.

I used to work with her dad.

Link to the second half where the funny must be hiding. :slight_smile:

Seriously though, between this thread and the other one, the only thing I can say is that we have two very different views of “funny”.

Well, that’s 1:20 of my life I’m never getting back.

The parody sucks – it’s like, the dude’s trying too hard.

It’s interesting this has a like to dislike ratio greater than 100:1. This guy only has a 4 digit subscriber count; most of the thumbs up can’t be attributed to having that base.

I don’t think I’ve ever been so worried about the sensibilities of younger people.

It sounds a *lot *like early Billy Joel - Summer Highland Falls, maybe, or Miami 2017.

Anyway: is it supposed to be a parody of a specific hip-hop video or of hip-hop videos in general?

That was not a Glock. Maybe a Mac 10? But Mac 10 doesn’t rhyme with block. Frustration.

That’s just what we need… more glorification and celebration of (neighborhood) violence. (roll eyes and throw-up)

I think we’ve turned the corner now to the point where I don’t find the video funny, but I find it funny that you find it so funny :slight_smile:

How is this a parody of “A Thousand Miles”? It’s just incoherent ranting. I see funnier stuff every day and it’s not even worth the time it took me to watch the ad in the beginning.

False advertising.

https://youtu.be/Cwkej79U3ek

It’s a LOOSE parody of this. Emphasis on “loose”. :slight_smile: